Green king

Green king

spaman 19 Aug 2019 22:24 pm said..

Posts: 162
spaman
Senior squad member

Re: Green king

GlawsyD 20 Aug 2019 04:55 am said..

"Sweet & Sour Shed" - Hong Kong style?
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
Posts: 2862  Location: Moonraker Capital
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer

Re: Green king

covglaws 20 Aug 2019 06:39 am said..

Interesting the way it's going, just like other industries I suppose. All the big boys bought up by international conglomerates like AB Inbev and Heineken, now the medium sized being bought, what with Fuller's by the Japanese, now this. Marston's next?

Going to increasing rely upon the micro breweries to keep the home flag flying. ;)

BTW, Mr Pedantic here, it's Greene King, 3 Es :-) As in Graham Greene, the author. Same family apparently.
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1605  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer

Re: Green king

Still Realistic 20 Aug 2019 07:02 am said..

Just goes to show that there is money in brewing!!!! ;)
Posts: 1948
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer

Re: Green king

covglaws 20 Aug 2019 08:49 am said..

I wish. :D

Suspect it's more the pubs, restaurants and hotels they're after TBH.
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1605  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer

Re: Green king

madders 20 Aug 2019 18:16 pm said..

If they could get rid of the bilge water known as Greene King IPA that would be great.
I started off with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left.
Posts: 2598
madders
Hall of Famer

Re: Green king

King Prawn Bhuna 20 Aug 2019 18:53 pm said..

As Covglos knows, I'm partial to the occasional pint of Abbot but do like the IPA Reserve...which also gets a bad press from the bearded half pint drinking 'real ale' critics.... apparently as one said the problem was it's astringency..... I like what I like.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
Posts: 6794  Location: Probably in the bar....
User avatar
King Prawn Bhuna
Moderator

Re: Green king

Number8 20 Aug 2019 19:13 pm said..

madders wrote:If they could get rid of the bilge water known as Greene King IPA that would be great.


Is this because Greene King are an official partner of Harlequins? :D
Posts: 468
Number8
Vice-Captain

Re: Green king

SIBARITE 20 Aug 2019 19:21 pm said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:As Covglos knows, I'm partial to the occasional pint of Abbot but do like the IPA Reserve...which also gets a bad press from the bearded half pint drinking 'real ale' critics.... apparently as one said the problem was it's astringency..... I like what I like.


Good to know that you don't stereotype people. I don't know f'art but I know what I like. Loosen up.
Posts: 67
SIBARITE
First team regular

Re: Green king

Ciren35 20 Aug 2019 19:57 pm said..

SIBARITE wrote:
King Prawn Bhuna wrote:As Covglos knows, I'm partial to the occasional pint of Abbot but do like the IPA Reserve...which also gets a bad press from the bearded half pint drinking 'real ale' critics.... apparently as one said the problem was it's astringency..... I like what I like.


Good to know that you don't stereotype people. I don't know f'art but I know what I like. Loosen up.



Stab in the dark here, but do you have a beard and a fondness for drinking ale in half-pint vessels??
Posts: 129
Ciren35
Senior squad member
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Smudger and 22 guests