The English vs The Irish

The English vs The Irish

Steve M 22 Aug 2019 12:20 pm said..

Someone had to start it.

England: Daly; Cokanasiga, Tuilagi, Farrell, May; Ford, Youngs; Marler, George, Sinckler, Itoje, Kruis, Curry, Underhill, B Vunipola.
Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, M Vunipola, Cole, Lawes, Wilson, Heinz, Francis, Joseph.

Looks stronger line-up and Willi makes the bench.
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer

Re: The English vs The Irish

spanish exile 22 Aug 2019 12:34 pm said..

Looks to me to be back to Plan A despite that having not worked before, hopefully there is a Plan b, c etc but probably that would mean OF to 10 & then back to Plan A with different personnel -- for me sadly obvious selection but where is any spark going to come from??
spanish exile
Vice-Captain

King Prawn Bhuna 22 Aug 2019 12:39 pm said..

It's almost the side that got off to a flyer in SA last year....then went AWOL after 20 minutes....no taking feet off the gas this time. It's a strong Irish team.... hopefully a good game. Group of us down for the weekend.....a few pints beforehand...any suggestions? Haven't bothered drinking around the area since the County Arms shut.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

CMGC 22 Aug 2019 13:01 pm said..

I'm not sure it is a case of plan A etc. It seems EJ is giving all his players and combinations some game time. It would be pointless to turn out the same team as the first few games. No doubt there are some plays and combo's that are being put through the mill in order to sort out which sets of backs/ forwards to put together for the first 4 games. I suspect he is looking more at impact subs etc. and some fine tuning. Clearly the Ford/ OF or OF/ Slad or Ford/ ? option is a key one.
Either way EJ will want a win this W/E to keep things on the up.
CMGC

Neilio44 22 Aug 2019 13:16 pm said..

Daly is a world-class and naturally gifted player, but I don't understand why Eddie keeps flogging him at FB - it doesn't seem to be working. I'd argue that with his skill-set perhaps Daly would be better as a finisher/impact player at centre/wing.
If it's wet, drink it.
Neilio44
Hero in the making

Peanutcoxy 22 Aug 2019 13:33 pm said..

For me, everything revolves around the back row and, in this case, we should compete very well and give our backs good quick ball. If then they don’t perform, then we have a serious problem. I suspect we’ll do well this weekend
The older I get the faster I was
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

Ken Burney 22 Aug 2019 14:12 pm said..

KPB ... The Sussex Arms near the green at Twickenham. It has a huge selection of real ales and cider plus a large beer garden at the rear. They also serve decent food.

Check out the pub's website. It's about a 20 or 30 minutes' walk from Twickenham stadium. Getting to and from there via the M3 avoids an awful lot of traffic.
Ken Burney
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 22 Aug 2019 14:19 pm said..

Ken Burney wrote:KPB ... The Sussex Arms near the green at Twickenham. It has a huge selection of real ales and cider plus a large beer garden at the rear. They also serve decent food.

Check out the pub's website. It's about a 20 or 30 minutes' walk from Twickenham stadium. Getting to and from there via the M3 avoids an awful lot of traffic.

Thanks Ken.....did the Sussex Arms and the Blucher a few years ago now....very busy as I recall. We're staying on the river down at Hampton Court (gangplank could be interesting later on!) so I think that's where we'll send the Uber to...and take it from there :D
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Number10 22 Aug 2019 14:26 pm said..

I reckon that is very close to the 15 that will start the big games in the world cup apart from injuries/massive loss of form.
Number10
Hall of Famer

lovejoy 22 Aug 2019 15:49 pm said..

Is it time to start discussing the ridiculous residency rules yet?
lovejoy
Hero in the making
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby