Premiership 7s OT

Re: Premiership 7s OT

VV 13 Sep 2019 16:57 pm said..

"pretty ugly to watch ".....a bit harsh on a bunch of kids trying to find their way in a Gloucester shirt, a number of them for the first time. Physicality was the key difference: we were outdone at the re-starts, at the breakdown and, particularly, tackling but it's difficult to gauge the relative age, stage of development etc between these "academy" teams.
We all watch the same match but each of us sees a different game
VV
Vice-Captain

King Prawn Bhuna 13 Sep 2019 17:02 pm said..

Agree with that ..but still pretty ugly to watch, sorry you confuse that for being critical of the players out there...my criticism is that they weren't playing 7s.

Bath is even uglier to watch for a Bath fan at the moment v Wasps.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
King Prawn Bhuna

Big Red 13 Sep 2019 17:07 pm said..

Think this Wasps side are going to murder everyone. Less than an hour in and roll on next Saturday for some proper rugby :lol:
Big Red
Hall of Famer

Cherry Tree 13 Sep 2019 17:22 pm said..

Never really understood this competition. Not sure who it benefits? Disrupts pre-season a little. The only 7s tournament going, so not like it's preparing for another tournament. Most teams are made up of trialists and u18s. Looks like very little coaching goes into it ahead of the night. Quite simply...what's the point?!!
Cherry Tree
On a trial

King Prawn Bhuna 13 Sep 2019 17:31 pm said..

The point is a couple of days out of 7s rugby...if you don't like it you have the option to look the other way. I quite enjoy the kids playing 7s....despite for those that know me now ...I always enjoyed 7s tournaments at he end of he season
King Prawn Bhuna

Clive's Pants 13 Sep 2019 17:39 pm said..

Our last try should have gone under the posts - he had time. Win against Exeter and qualification will be down to points difference. It's not that we are going to win it but I want to see a winning mindset.
Clive's Pants
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 13 Sep 2019 18:09 pm said..

Not looking like a win v Exeter...they're looking v strong. If we do then then the points Irish are shipping will be in our favour.
King Prawn Bhuna

DieTrying 13 Sep 2019 18:15 pm said..

Apparently they only started,"learning' 7's on Monday.
DieTrying

SonofPricey 13 Sep 2019 18:18 pm said..

It’s a shame that the 7’s haven’t been at Kingsholm for the last few years. I think normally it has been a case of not enough time from the concerts, but every time Gloucester hosted an evening it was very well attended (far more than any other stadium).

Hopefully it is something we get a chance to see again.
SonofPricey
Hero in the making

Lebowski 13 Sep 2019 19:11 pm said..

I used to love this competition. Now I have zero interest. Just flipped over (I’d actually forgotten it was on) to see the start of the Quins match. Harlequins with four Fijiian ringers in their team (cheating in my book) playing in front of three men and a dog. Absolutely pathetic. They've managed to take a good tournament and reduce it to a joke.
Lebowski
Dude
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby