RWC19 "Stuff"

Re: RWC19 "Stuff"

Graham Cartmell 03 Nov 2019 19:39 pm said..

robs1 wrote:
Peanutcoxy wrote:
robs1 wrote:Hasnt anyone mentioned prince Harry going to the final after banging on about global warming, seems to be a bit hypocritical to me or did he sail there and back ?

Is no one allowed to use air travel any more or is that just famous people? Global warning isn’t just about air travel.

If the famous bleat on about global warming (and yes its more than flying ) they shouldnt be taking lots of flights all round the world for no good reason, they should be setting an example

Utter nonsense. Just because Prince Harry is famous, why shouldn’t he go to watch a game he loves. He has a platform to speak about the environment and does so eloquently. He still has to get from a to b. I do wish people would stop using air travel as a means to criticise people who happen to have concern about the environment.
The older I get the faster I was. Used to be known as Peanutcoxy
Graham Cartmell
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 03 Nov 2019 20:12 pm said..

Question should be did he take a regular flight or charter a private plane as he and his wife have in the past.
The optimistsenior it is Cueto right to do what he likes with his medal just as it’s every players right not to put a medal round their neck. Perhaps they felt they weren’t worthy of wearing the medal given their performance. Don’t judge people whose shoes you haven’t worn
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Sheddy Mcshedface 03 Nov 2019 20:37 pm said..

TheOptimistSenior wrote:What Mark Cueto did with his medal in 2007 is entirely his prerogative. Did he wear it after the game? In my view, wearing your medal around your neck indicates an acknowledgement of the value of the tournament and in particular the final. England were distinctly second best to SA on the day. There is no absolute right to win every match. When you lose, take it on the chin and make sure next time you win. I suspect if Italy were runners up (I know, hypothetical), they would be very happy to wear their medals
I've never seen an Olympian not wear their silver medal, but no doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
As for Prince Harry, spare me, please!

The difference is people actually want to win Silver at the Olympics.
Keyser Sose
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

robs1 03 Nov 2019 21:08 pm said..

Utter nonsense. Just because Prince Harry is famous, why shouldn’t he go to watch a game he loves. He has a platform to speak about the environment and does so eloquently. He still has to get from a to b. I do wish people would stop using air travel as a means to criticise people who happen to have concern about the environment.[/quote]

So its do as I say not as I do . I wonder how many miles he flies in a year compared to an average person, if we want to stop global warming then we have to start somewhere and he didnt need to go to the final did he, just because no doubt he managed to wangle a ticket and even perhaps a free flight doesnt mean he needed to go.
robs1
Hall of Famer

TheOptimistSenior 03 Nov 2019 21:11 pm said..

Not1eyed wrote:.......
The optimistsenior it is Cueto right to do what he likes with his medal just as it’s every players right not to put a medal round their neck. Perhaps they felt they weren’t worthy of wearing the medal given their performance. Don’t judge people whose shoes you haven’t worn

I acknowledged Cueto's right to do as he wished with his medal.
If I can never pass an opinion on someone whose shoes I haven't worn, I can never have an opinion about anyone. How illogical! We all have opinions and pass judgements on others, all the time.
DavidSillince, the slopes of Mayhill.
TheOptimistSenior
Hero in the making

TheOptimistSenior 03 Nov 2019 21:14 pm said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:
TheOptimistSenior wrote:What Mark Cueto did with his medal in 2007 is entirely his prerogative. Did he wear it after the game? In my view, wearing your medal around your neck indicates an acknowledgement of the value of the tournament and in particular the final. England were distinctly second best to SA on the day. There is no absolute right to win every match. When you lose, take it on the chin and make sure next time you win. I suspect if Italy were runners up (I know, hypothetical), they would be very happy to wear their medals
I've never seen an Olympian not wear their silver medal, but no doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Rather than gold? I think not. It simply acknowledges that only one person/team can win.
We clearly have different opinions,which
I am perfectly happy with.
DavidSillince, the slopes of Mayhill.
TheOptimistSenior
Hero in the making

Sheddy Mcshedface 03 Nov 2019 21:20 pm said..

TheOptimistSenior wrote:
Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:

Rather than gold? I think not. It simply acknowledges that only one person/team can win.
We clearly have different opinions,which
I am perfectly happy with.

No, not rather than gold. But it is fairly well established that winning a medal of any sort at the Olympics is a desirable outcome for most athletes. Losing in a world cup final is not.
Keyser Sose
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Graham Cartmell 03 Nov 2019 21:28 pm said..

robs1 wrote:Utter nonsense. Just because Prince Harry is famous, why shouldn’t he go to watch a game he loves. He has a platform to speak about the environment and does so eloquently. He still has to get from a to b. I do wish people would stop using air travel as a means to criticise people who happen to have concern about the environment.

So its do as I say not as I do . I wonder how many miles he flies in a year compared to an average person, if we want to stop global warming then we have to start somewhere and he didnt need to go to the final did he, just because no doubt he managed to wangle a ticket and even perhaps a free flight doesnt mean he needed to go.[/quote]
It is practically impossible to live and have no adverse impact on the environment. Who he is and whether he gets stuff for free or not is irrelevant. Jealousy is a terrible trait
The older I get the faster I was. Used to be known as Peanutcoxy
Graham Cartmell
Hall of Famer

robs1 03 Nov 2019 21:46 pm said..

Peanutcoxy wrote:
robs1 wrote:Utter nonsense. Just because Prince Harry is famous, why shouldn’t he go to watch a game he loves. He has a platform to speak about

So its do as I say not as I do . I wonder how many miles he flies in a year compared to an average person, if we want to stop global warming then we have to start somewhere and he didnt need to go to the final did he, just because no doubt he managed to wangle a ticket and even perhaps a free flight doesnt mean he needed to go.

It is practically impossible to live and have no adverse impact on the environment. Who he is and whether he gets stuff for free or not is irrelevant. Jealousy is a terrible trait

Of course we all have an impact but not all of us are telling others to cut our impact while having a far bigger impact ourselves.
I'm not jealous of anyone, and I'm a big supporter of the Royal family in general and certainly respect Harry for his Army service, but he is making himself look stupid over his climate stance and doing the opposite himself
robs1
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 03 Nov 2019 21:47 pm said..

Theoptomistsenior do you judge the homeless, or drug addicts or alcoholics? I’d hope not. My point was until you have been in a situation don’t judge as you have no idea how you’d react. Easy to sit on a sofa in your living room and judge others. I’m now done with this. All I will say is it seems often on this site and life in general those that preach tolerance are the most intolerant of someone not agreeing with them.
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby