Gloucester v Bath OGT

Re: Gloucester v Bath OGT

The Vic 12 Oct 2019 14:11 pm said..

So after a nights reflection, I'm still a bit disbelieving about the result. The only real positive is that Kriel was fantastic, I'm very concerned about our depth and I have a feeling we will miss Savage's grunt in 2nd row this season
The Vic
Hall of Famer

Asgard 12 Oct 2019 14:14 pm said..

Perhaps we could have played a bit in the forwards if we had won any line-out ball in the second half. I reckon at one stage we lost 5 on the trot on our own ball. Burns' try from a slow ball from the line-out which Chapman shovelled out to the backs who were sitting ducks.
As regards selection why pick starters for next week for a game that had no meaning (only the supporters have this anti Bath thing) with every chance they could get injured.
Asgard
Hall of Famer

TP17 12 Oct 2019 15:56 pm said..

London Irish 22 - 27 Sale. Sale played arguably their strongest available squad.
TP17
Hall of Famer

colinboag 12 Oct 2019 15:57 pm said..

Thank god we have some meaningful rugby starting next weekend (and I don't mean the RWC!)
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

Ferret 12 Oct 2019 16:04 pm said..

Why enter a competition if you don’t want to win it.
Ok play a few youngsters, they did well but come February we will all look with envy when teams are in the semis.
Ferret
On the board

robs1 12 Oct 2019 16:34 pm said..

Ferret wrote:Why enter a competition if you don’t want to win it.
Ok play a few youngsters, they did well but come February we will all look with envy when teams are in the semis.

I doubt we have any choice but to enter, had we played some of our first team and they were injured I can imagine the uproar on here about risking players in this meaningless comp
robs1
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 12 Oct 2019 16:38 pm said..

Largely i agree Robs1 but surely you want your 1st team to go into the 1st league game with 1 game together under their belt? Now could be a good time for Gloucester to capitalise with only a few away at the RWC
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

CMGC 12 Oct 2019 17:44 pm said..

I suspect the answer lies in the fact that Glos have 15 unbroken games now all which are important. JA probably wants his players as fresh as possible.
CMGC

Gloucester Mute 12 Oct 2019 18:55 pm said..

CMGC wrote:I suspect the answer lies in the fact that Glos have 15 unbroken games now all which are important. JA probably wants his players as fresh as possible.

Surely all DoR's would be wanting this because all have exactly the same schedule ?? BUT yet the majority have given nearly all their 1st choice players a decent run-out (in the absence of any other pre-season games.

I have to trust in JA's judgement BUT for me I have always believed that players can only get up to match-fitness in playing rather than just in training. To not expose them for fear of injury can only be justified IF you don't have a squad. GRFC do.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 1882  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

shedwebber 12 Oct 2019 19:14 pm said..

London Irish are desperate to stay up and have been using the cup as a may to build momentum. We've already lost Dreyer for the season and have like most clubs, a fair few on the injury list carrying over from last season. I hated to see barf win last night at Kingsholm but want as complete a squad for the long run in of continuous games. Also, I don't want to see the replacement hooker for Gloucester again as he was truly awful. Keep him as a replacement prop!
Éire go Brách!
shedwebber
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby