Saracens sanction

Re: Saracens sanction

Tuffty 11 Nov 2019 06:35 am said..

How on earth can Sorries still be allowed to play in the league given they have the same squad as last season which is clearly over the cap!!! THEY’RE STILL CHEATING.

THROW THEM OUT.
Tuffty (Andy Kershaw)

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Tuffty
Hall of Famer

upton dc 11 Nov 2019 07:32 am said..

No they are not. We are all just very envious of their success apparently and we should act more reasonably and maturely. :x
Panache et Precision
upton dc
On the board

Lurker 11 Nov 2019 07:56 am said..

They can’t have been over the cap last year as they have brought Singleton and Daley in this year :o :D
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
Lurker
Hall of Famer

Oxford Glaws 11 Nov 2019 08:03 am said..

What amazes me is just how easy it was for the newshound who broke it to dig up the info. She said in Saturday's interview that she found it using the publicly available Companies House and Land Registry search engines. Why on earth didn't they put the companies offshore? I can only assume that either they genuinely believed that what they were doing was legit, or that people would be too stupid to look.
www.fumblings.net
Oxford Glaws
Hall of Famer

Major Jasper 11 Nov 2019 08:22 am said..

Brian Moore in the Torygraph has nailed it:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union ... ment-move/

And don't always agree with him (or the Torygraph!!)
Major Jasper
Turns out for the A team

colinboag 11 Nov 2019 08:26 am said..

...and what on earth was the PRL salary cap manager doing? I was told in an interview 7 years ago (I listened to the recording again last week) that PRL were on top of this issue, and they were confident they'd quickly identify breaches - if a young reporter from the Daily Mail is more on top of things than they were then it's a pretty sorry indictment.

No heads rolled at PRL over the 'non-breaches' / settlements fiasco, and I doubt any will this time around.
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

MattChelt 11 Nov 2019 08:33 am said..

Oxford Glaws wrote:What amazes me is just how easy it was for the newshound who broke it to dig up the info. She said in Saturday's interview that she found it using the publicly available Companies House and Land Registry search engines. Why on earth didn't they put the companies offshore? I can only assume that either they genuinely believed that what they were doing was legit, or that people would be too stupid to look.

I'm guessing she won't be welcome into the press box (nor anywhere else) at Allianz Park any time soon, nor any other journo's from the Daily Mail...

Given the apparent ease by which she found the incriminating evidence, it then makes you wonder if there is more she hasn't (yet) found, possibly offshore? No doubt she / others are looking into this, both for Sarries connections and others.

What has so far come out of the woodwork might be the sum total of it, but then again it might only be the tip of the iceberg...
MattChelt
Vice-Captain

King Prawn Bhuna 11 Nov 2019 08:38 am said..

MattChelt wrote:What has so far come out of the woodwork might be the sum total of it, but then again it might only be the tip of the iceberg...

Lettuce hope so, cos if it isn't someone will need a rocket up their backsides.....
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
King Prawn Bhuna

robs1 11 Nov 2019 08:45 am said..

Glen Sannox wrote:...and what on earth was the PRL salary cap manager doing? I was told in an interview 7 years ago (I listened to the recording again last week) that PRL were on top of this issue, and they were confident they'd quickly identify breaches - if a young reporter from the Daily Mail is more on top of things than they were then it's a pretty sorry indictment.

No heads rolled at PRL over the 'non-breaches' / settlements fiasco, and I doubt any will this time around.

You seem more concerned with what prl are doing than condemning the cheats,
robs1
Hall of Famer

steckers 11 Nov 2019 08:47 am said..

Thanks goodness for Brian Moore - I think he has summed up how most people feel.
steckers
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby