Saracens OGT

Re: Saracens OGT

Lurker 09 Nov 2019 19:31 pm said..

FLAT - that is how I felt coming out of the ground
FLAT- is what the team looked like today - little of the camaraderie we saw last seat
FLAT - is where our pack landed up at each scrum - what has happened to the same pack we had last year that was dominant?
FLAT - is where I would have liked to see Sarries defence, but they rushed out all match (offside a lot I think) giving Cips or Atkinson zero time to do anything
FLAT - (or house) is where I want Braley watching the next match from :D (bit harsh as he was on back foot but his kicking was woeful
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
Lurker
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 09 Nov 2019 19:33 pm said..

Beaten by a better team on the day. End of.
Onwards to Europe.
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

colinboag 09 Nov 2019 19:34 pm said..

I think he, and others, genuinely think they did nothing wrong. I would be utterly astonished if they hadn't got advice from a QC before their co-investments...those guys voice an opinion, but always caveat it by saying that's all it is. There have been plenty of times when a panel of judges decide against the advice given by a top barrister. It seems likely to me that on this occasion they simply got advice that didn't hold up.

I would like PRL to approve co-investments by clubs in the future, because anything that helps players build an income stream after rugby can only be good in my book. I'd love to see Glaws helping players start businesses and tap into the expertise of our owner / directors.
Cherchez la truffe
colinboag
Hall of Famer

steckers 09 Nov 2019 19:37 pm said..

There is nothing to stop clubs starting up investment ventures with players AFTER rugby. That comment is a little naive GS.
steckers
Hall of Famer

Wilkosam 09 Nov 2019 19:41 pm said..

The shed did us proud this evening. I feel so proud of the boys, despite the fact they were beaten by a better team this evening. Don't know where we go from here.
Wilkosam
Vice-Captain

Rovin 09 Nov 2019 19:49 pm said..

[quote="Big Red"]We got it badly wrong today....

Big Red, spot on! Bradley was woeful slow, passing it to the wrong ppl, dreadful kicking... but why did our mgt take soooo long to bring Simpson on.

Our pack is just not performing, in the scrum, defending the maul or the breakdown and minus GG The lineout looked poor too!

The backs looked confused, trying to do magic every time and failing at basics. Marshall and Simpson have been standout players so far this season, sadly Cips has gone AWOL.

For me, Sale, Leicester and today have been relegation standard even with Sarries having a 35 point deficit.

Kriel hasn’t started performing, and Ackers needs to work out how to get the best out of Jake, a beast in japan, non existent for Glaws...

Laurie Fisher box kicking back at its worst!

Worst two back to backs for as long as I can remember....
Rovin
First team regular

steckers 09 Nov 2019 19:55 pm said..

Show the guy some respect and get his name right. It's Braley.

I agree with many of your points but ultimately the pack is getting BADLY beaten. Nothing else matters until that is sorted.
steckers
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 09 Nov 2019 20:08 pm said..

I loathe this habit some have of calling out and criticising individuals. It is a team game. Win as a team, lose as a team. For all their faults Sarries do this better than anyone
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

foresterinyorks 09 Nov 2019 20:14 pm said..

Not1eyed wrote:Beaten by a better team on the day. End of.
Onwards to Europe.

Yes.
Never Stay Down.
foresterinyorks
Hall of Famer

madders 09 Nov 2019 20:20 pm said..

+1 we were poor. The best team won. Our front five were second best all afternoon. Toulouse will be a car crash, and l don’t know if l can bear two defeats in the same week.
Franko is needed!
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
madders
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby