Saracens OGT

Re: Saracens OGT

PeteG 09 Nov 2019 20:28 pm said..

Glos were woeful today
I gave up looking through my fingers after 12 knock ons, being beat up in the scrum and poor kicking etc.

It was only compounded by the passage of play that sarries gave away penalty after penalty & CMK not reach into his pocket.
PeteG
Senior squad member

grunter 09 Nov 2019 20:48 pm said..

So we lost to an under strength Leicester team last week and lost to an under strength Saracens team this week. From the possible ten, nine or eight points possible, we managed a paltry one. We could, and should have been top by at least four points but have now slid down the pecking order after a promising start to the season. It is simply not good enough.
grunter
On the board

Not1eyed 09 Nov 2019 20:49 pm said..

*Franco*
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Harrison26 09 Nov 2019 20:54 pm said..

When I look back at the 4 games so far, I think to myself ‘have we actually played well?’. The answer is simply no. We were lucky against Sale. We didn’t play well against Wasps. They were just worse than us really, personally. I don’t even want to mention last week and today. Humiliating really. I think at present, our position in the table actually makes us look better than how we have been playing. If Sale got their last minute penalty in round 1, we’d be in 9th right now.

I know the French don’t travel well, but if we play the same as we have these past 2 weeks, a cricket score won’t be out of the question.
Harrison26
Senior squad member

Glosteroldboy 09 Nov 2019 20:55 pm said..

grunter wrote:So we lost to an under strength Leicester team last week and lost to an under strength Saracens team this week. From the possible ten, nine or eight points possible, we managed a paltry one. We could, and should have been top by at least four points but have now slid down the pecking order after a promising start to the season. It is simply not good enough.

Agree ... my thoughts exactly ..
Glosteroldboy
Senior squad member

Citizen Rob 09 Nov 2019 21:03 pm said..

Johan Ackermann was disappointed with the performance today and said the boos were an "easy motivation" for Saracens. The full transcript of his post-match press conference is here: http://bit.ly/BoosEasyMotivation

And here are our player ratings - where you can also rate the players: http://bit.ly/GlawsPlayerRatingsSaracens
Citizen Rob
Vice-Captain

plod 09 Nov 2019 21:03 pm said..

And Toulouse are thrashing Clermont.
plod
Hall of Famer

SIBARITE 09 Nov 2019 21:04 pm said..

Steve M wrote:Poor.

Scrum looked better with changed props on. Played most of 2nd half without a proper 2nd row but still the scrums, mauls, etc looked better.

Did you even watch the game?
SIBARITE
Vice-Captain

steckers 09 Nov 2019 21:09 pm said..

This is probably my most damning comment - it felt like a pre-Ackermann performance. The pack just haven't been good enough this season and lucky to have 2 wins.

Have to say, I didn't notice many boos.
steckers
Hall of Famer

The Vic 09 Nov 2019 21:10 pm said..

Citizen Rob wrote:Johan Ackermann was disappointed with the performance today and said the boos were an "easy motivation" for Saracens. The full transcript of his post-match press conference is here: http://bit.ly/BoosEasyMotivation

And here are our player ratings - where you can also rate the players: http://bit.ly/GlawsPlayerRatingsSaracens

Think you've been a bit generous with some of those scores. Marshall has been the only stand out player over the last four games. Morgan had a good game. Otherwise our forwards look softer than cheesecake right now
The Vic
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby