You can but dream

You can but dream

Tortworth 03 Dec 2019 14:51 pm said..

With Pearl Jam announced yesterday for BST at Hyde Park I think they need to perform a warm-up gig somewhere in the UK. What an antidote to the boyband/ girl band line-up we have so far that would be.
Tortworth
Senior squad member

Re: You can but dream

King Prawn Bhuna 03 Dec 2019 15:42 pm said..

Killers supported by the Manics @ the Ricoh.....missing Stevie V already :D
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

StroudieGlaws 04 Dec 2019 11:02 am said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:Killers supported by the Manics @ the Ricoh.....missing Stevie V already :D

Now that's a concert.
Trouble for Kingsholm is it is not as large or as established as the Ricoh as a concert venue. The club are no doubt getting the best acts in that they can.
StroudieGlaws
On the board

Tortworth 04 Dec 2019 11:22 am said..

Killers/Manics combo are playing Ashton Gate as well IIRC. After a bad experience with concert parking at the Ricoh I may go for that instead.
Tortworth
Senior squad member

westglos 04 Dec 2019 12:51 pm said..

Tortworth wrote:Killers/Manics combo are playing Ashton Gate as well IIRC. After a bad experience with concert parking at the Ricoh I may go for that instead.

Yes. I'd go to AG, just for the much shorter trip.
But it is frustrating to see such stadia attracting bands that offer more in the indie/rock category, than what's offered at KH - the bland, "legacy performers", and the MoR.
westglos
Senior squad member

Proctorshire 04 Dec 2019 14:11 pm said..

I realise that all tastes need to be catered for, so a kiddies' act is a likelihood for one of the concerts. But is it really too much to ask for someone credible that is/has recently been doing the Summer circuit such as The Cure, Snow Patrol, one of the Gallaghers, The Specials, James, The Foos, Arctic Monkeys, Richard Ashcroft, Weller etc? I live in hope.
Proctorshire
On a trial

westglos 04 Dec 2019 15:14 pm said..

Proctorshire wrote:I realise that all tastes need to be catered for, so a kiddies' act is a likelihood for one of the concerts. But is it really too much to ask for someone credible that is/has recently been doing the Summer circuit such as The Cure, Snow Patrol, one of the Gallaghers, The Specials, James, The Foos, Arctic Monkeys, Richard Ashcroft, Weller etc? I live in hope.

Absolutely. Spot on P'shire.
westglos
Senior squad member

Return to Gloucester Rugby