Ian Madigan

Ian Madigan

Lanceyboy 03 Dec 2019 17:11 pm said..

Very insightful article on rugbypass.com just popped up on Facebook. It gives us the thoughts of a very talented and highly paid flyhalf who finds himself as 3rd choice at Bristol. He is out of contract at the end of the season so maybe David Humphreys needs to have a word in January?
But there again I suggest that Lloyd Evans deserves more chances to prove himself? He certainly looked full of confidence in Montpelier!
The mental health of a player is a large part of how they perform. But that is true of all of us!
Posts: 11
Lanceyboy
Academy prospect

Re: Ian Madigan

RTS2 03 Dec 2019 18:20 pm said..

Lanceyboy wrote:Very insightful article on rugbypass.com just popped up on Facebook. It gives us the thoughts of a very talented and highly paid flyhalf who finds himself as 3rd choice at Bristol. He is out of contract at the end of the season so maybe David Humphreys needs to have a word in January?
But there again I suggest that Lloyd Evans deserves more chances to prove himself? He certainly looked full of confidence in Montpelier!
The mental health of a player is a large part of how they perform. But that is true of all of us!


especially 10's ? ;) ;)
Posts: 3844
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Re: Ian Madigan

Lanceyboy 03 Dec 2019 19:09 pm said..

RTS2 wrote:
Lanceyboy wrote:Very insightful article on rugbypass.com just popped up on Facebook. It gives us the thoughts of a very talented and highly paid flyhalf who finds himself as 3rd choice at Bristol. He is out of contract at the end of the season so maybe David Humphreys needs to have a word in January?
But there again I suggest that Lloyd Evans deserves more chances to prove himself? He certainly looked full of confidence in Montpelier!
The mental health of a player is a large part of how they perform. But that is true of all of us!


especially 10's ? ;) ;)


Maybe, as it is such a pivotal position - no pun intended. 10's must be the most pressurised position especially if they have the killing duties as well. As a very quick number 8, I especially enjoyed going after opposition 10's :D .
Posts: 11
Lanceyboy
Academy prospect

Re: Ian Madigan

RTS2 03 Dec 2019 19:46 pm said..

Lanceyboy wrote:
RTS2 wrote:
Lanceyboy wrote:Very insightful article on rugbypass.com just popped up on Facebook. It gives us the thoughts of a very talented and highly paid flyhalf who finds himself as 3rd choice at Bristol. He is out of contract at the end of the season so maybe David Humphreys needs to have a word in January?
But there again I suggest that Lloyd Evans deserves more chances to prove himself? He certainly looked full of confidence in Montpelier!
The mental health of a player is a large part of how they perform. But that is true of all of us!


especially 10's ? ;) ;)


Maybe, as it is such a pivotal position - no pun intended. 10's must be the most pressurised position especially if they have the killing duties as well. As a very quick number 8, I especially enjoyed going after opposition 10's :D .


They always make good cannon fodder. I mentioned Bumble on another thread today. He was one you'd nearly always come off worse against whatever your size !. :D

It does seem to be the glory boy position ; even in the modern game . It seems it also attracts its fair share of players with citied "internal" struggles; and perhaps it's an indirect side-effect of some players genius ?. It's one thing I do admire in OF . Whatever anyone say's about him he always seems to be consistent.

As for Madigan . I would hope not ; although he's quite a decent 10. Ironically think we are going to struggle to recruit a top 10 unless we loose Cips. I hope he comes good again soon; and stays- and the club find a reliable quality specialist to work alongside him for some time yet. One really good match is what he needs right now. Lloyd Evans in fairness somehow needs to be given more opportunity now. If he's good enough he should . He's been around the club long enough now. Do we start Lloyd against the Irish and then perhaps even start him against Wuss IF he excels against Connacht ? Big decision to make at 10 in the next to matches.
Posts: 3844
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Re: Ian Madigan

Big Red 03 Dec 2019 20:54 pm said..

I would hope that we’re still in for Malins at Saracens, all things considered. A year as Cips back up and then making him our long term 10 would fit our style. A fantastic talent and I really hope that they beat Exeter to the punch if that’s the options for him.
Posts: 1700
Big Red
Hall of Famer

Re: Ian Madigan

Lanceyboy 03 Dec 2019 21:44 pm said..

Did I really say killing duties?!
Obviously meant kicking duties. :roll:
Posts: 11
Lanceyboy
Academy prospect

Re: Ian Madigan

madders 04 Dec 2019 21:20 pm said..

With a name like that l’d sign him up immediately! :mrgreen:
I started off with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left.
Posts: 2710
madders
Hall of Famer

Return to Gloucester Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: coleser, Majestic-12 [Bot], Porky and 10 guests