Saracens in more bother??

Re: Saracens in more bother??

Clive's Pants 13 Feb 2020 22:19 pm said..

Any decent contract will have a "in the event of adverse publicity caused..." clause.
Clive's Pants
Hall of Famer

Porky 15 Feb 2020 07:00 am said..

It was announced last night that Manchester City have just been hit with a similar punishment by UEFA for financial cheating and, listening to the comments from pundits and City fans last night and reading the statement from the club protesting the decision and rubbishing the rules and processes, it was like déjà vu in its similarity to the initial statements from Saracens and their fans.

The ruling from UEFA seems more harsh in its finality (2 year ban from Europe and £25m fine) than level at which the PRL punishment started. Of course, the amounts are a lot bigger given the levels of funding in football compared to rugby.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out through the appeal process.
Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.
Porky
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 15 Feb 2020 15:29 pm said..

My more knowledgeable soccer loving buddies are now asking what punishment the FA will give on top as unlike rugby the FA and UEFA financial fair play rules mirror each other.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

chumba 17 Feb 2020 21:33 pm said..

This is the gift that keeps on giving:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51538187
chumba
Vice-Captain

lucifer 17 Feb 2020 23:01 pm said..

And there was all of 5 and a half thousand to watch their home match with Sale.
lucifer
Hall of Famer

DieTrying 18 Feb 2020 00:08 am said..

lucifer wrote:And there was all of 5 and a half thousand to watch their home match with Sale.

It was 7500, which as they have a reduced capacity due to building works, was actually a higher capacity % than ours by about 4%.
DieTrying

JFG 18 Feb 2020 07:10 am said..

So the best club team in the "northern hemisphere" are playing in front of 7,500 people ?
Where do they get all their revenue from? Obviously not ticket sales !
JFG
Senior squad member

coleser 18 Feb 2020 07:46 am said..

I wonder how many of their ‘stars’ have decided to stay not because of any loyalty to a sinking ship that continues to take on water but because their contract is too lucrative to walk out on?
coleser
Hero in the making

stuartjames 18 Feb 2020 08:11 am said..

A few articles in the Guardian suggest that some are staying because they'll basically get a year off the treadmill of league rugby, a few run outs, perhaps the odd game in SA as ambassadors for the club, and they'll bet fit and firing for the Lions tour in 2021 !
stuartjames
Hall of Famer

lucifer 18 Feb 2020 10:25 am said..

DieTrying wrote:
lucifer wrote:And there was all of 5 and a half thousand to watch their home match with Sale.

It was 7500, which as they have a reduced capacity due to building works, was actually a higher capacity % than ours by about 4%.

I guess it depends on your source, TRP had it down as 5, 490. Ours was listed as 14,860 which seemed about right, seems odd they'd get Saracens wrong by 50%ish
lucifer
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby