Championship Dead and buried?

Re: Championship Dead and buried?

Crasher 13 Feb 2020 08:30 am said..

Asgard wrote:
DieTrying wrote:Sheddy:

Yes but one of the main arguments for ring fencing is that by removing the threat of relegation you will incentivise investment in clubs that may not of been there otherwise. I have to assume that when, as now appears inevitable, ring fencing comes in we will also see changes to the salary cap allowance.

You can't incentivise investment with money that doesn't exist. Most Prem Clubs have serious losses or debts to owners. Ok Wray wrote off £75M but even Bristol owe Lansdown £20M.

I think you'll find that Mr Wray didn't write off £75 million but converted his loans into share capital. I believe that in the event of a failure of that company in which he invested he would be entitled to offset his capital loss against tax. Philanthropist or savvy businessman?

Even if he gets tax relief, he’s still lost a ton of money.
Crasher
Vice-Captain

DieTrying 13 Feb 2020 08:48 am said..

Asgard wrote:
DieTrying wrote:Sheddy:

Yes but one of the main arguments for ring fencing is that by removing the threat of relegation you will incentivise investment in clubs that may not of been there otherwise. I have to assume that when, as now appears inevitable, ring fencing comes in we will also see changes to the salary cap allowance.

You can't incentivise investment with money that doesn't exist. Most Prem Clubs have serious losses or debts to owners. Ok Wray wrote off £75M but even Bristol owe Lansdown £20M.

I think you'll find that Mr Wray didn't write off £75 million but converted his loans into share capital. I believe that in the event of a failure of that company in which he invested he would be entitled to offset his capital loss against tax. Philanthropist or savvy businessman?

I know Asgard. I put the two company details on the sarries in trouble thread. My point is that in effect it's been "written off".
DieTrying

Lebowski 13 Feb 2020 21:24 pm said..

Interesting that Shedweb’s number one RFU sycophant hasn’t given us his humble opinion on this.
Lebowski
Dude

Clive's Pants 13 Feb 2020 22:16 pm said..

I've been reliably informed he is in a private clinic having his venom glands flushed.
Clive's Pants
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 14 Feb 2020 17:45 pm said..

Lebowski wrote:Interesting that Shedweb’s number one RFU sycophant hasn’t given us his humble opinion on this.

There are a number of serious illnesses etc; in the Mute family currently so rugby taking a lower priority. Perspective is being applied and unlike you Leb I don't blithely/arrogantly comment on anything/everything in such a superior fashion. You need to have a serious look at yourself sometime......as you can come across as quite a git. :roll: :roll: :roll:

FWIW I find the RFU's recent announcement puzzling both timing-wise and logically. I suspect (like the Salary Cap breaches) that there is more to emerge on this + the arrival of Conor O'Shea (replacing Melville) will have something to do with the sea-change in strategy. IMHO the Championship is not unlike the Premiership - they generally overspend and expect to be bailed out all the time by others. Life is never fair for them !! Plus IF PRL cared about the whole of professional rugby in England they would be helping the Championship. Are they spending their Saracens dividend carefully ??

Hope those going enjoy tonight's game. I will hopefully watch a recording later.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 1773  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 14 Feb 2020 18:32 pm said..

So it’s actually PRL’s fault not the RFU’s!!! Priceless. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lebowski
Dude

Gloucester Mute 14 Feb 2020 18:48 pm said..

Lebowski wrote:So it’s actually PRL’s fault not the RFU’s!!! Priceless. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not what I said actually wrote Leb. Read it again rather than be stupidly selective.

As I said, and repeat, "You need to have a serious look at yourself sometime......as you can come across as quite a git.". A supercilious git...…..

I will now return to my family rather than an oaf.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 1773  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Lurker 14 Feb 2020 18:50 pm said..

Get well soon Mute and family. Hope you also get rid of the winter blues and cheer up a tad!!
Lurker
Hall of Famer

DieTrying 14 Feb 2020 23:39 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:
Lebowski wrote:
FWIW I find the RFU's recent announcement puzzling both timing-wise and logically. I suspect (like the Salary Cap breaches) that there is more to emerge on this + the arrival of Conor O'Shea (replacing Melville) will have something to do with the sea-change in strategy. IMHO the Championship is not unlike the Premiership - they generally overspend and expect to be bailed out all the time by others. Life is never fair for them !! Plus IF PRL cared about the whole of professional rugby in England they would be helping the Championship. Are they spending their Saracens dividend carefully ?? .

I take it you can prove that the current Championship Clubs have overspent and have been bailed out by ?? As for " life is never fair for them"? I again ask: Give us proof.

PRL don't care about Pro Rugby in England, only themselves, unlike LNR in France, who also look after PRO D2 and chuck a huge amount, of their far superior TV Deal money, down to Pro D2. However they had a plan for French Rugby leading up to the RWC23. They twigged the U-20 rWC worked for NZ & Eng etc so went for it. It worked and they've won it twice on the bounce. They also invested in a National Centre:

The National Rugby Centre (in French, Centre National du Rugby or CNR) was opened Nov02.The facility cost GP£46 million , and is n the village of Marcoussis, S of Paris.The facility covers 49 acres &includes 5 rugby pitches, 1 covered, and 2 floodlit, a gym, medical facilities, a swimming pool, media centre, and library. Living quarters are also included, with 30 rooms which are each named after a championship winning club. The living quarters also have a dedicated restaurant. France's U-19 team are permanently based at CNR, & provide regular opposition for the French national team during training.

Eng had one at Castlecroft but flogged it off in 2005 and now the Senior Team are based at a Hotel: Pennyhill Park, whilst the 7's & Womens Teams are based at another Hotel: The Lensbury. Hardly professional.

Post RWC19, who did the Japanese RFU turn to to sort out their new Pro League and expand it from "Company" Teams to "proper" Teams? the RFU? PRL? Nope, LNR : https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/top ... tic-league

In the NH we led the way & blew it, whereas France picked up our innovations and are running with it.
DieTrying

Lebowski 15 Feb 2020 12:20 pm said..

I genuinely hope whoever is ill in your family gets well soon mute.
Lebowski
Dude
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby