August 15th

Re: August 15th

stuartjames 05 Jun 2020 12:36 pm said..

Would they be wearing bobble hats ?
stuartjames
Hall of Famer

lucifer 05 Jun 2020 15:32 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:Article : https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/52933093

Still a lot of detail and confirmation to occur 'twixt now and then...…….

Thanks for the link GM. Interestingly it didn't rule out spectators.
lucifer
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 05 Jun 2020 17:08 pm said..

My read on it was a mix of wishful-thinking combined with reality. Dangling a carrot BUT not mentioning that the carrot is laced with the bitterness of empty stadiums/pay TV...…..
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2415  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Fat Taff 05 Jun 2020 17:58 pm said..

stuartjames wrote:Would they be wearing bobble hats ?

Can they put a towel on a rail to keep a spot in The Shed?
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

lucifer 05 Jun 2020 18:05 pm said..

…… mind you August 15th is over 2 months away. I would think lockdown will have eased much more by then. If we don't get a second spike in deaths (as opposed to infections) I'm hoping that limited attendance will be possible - obviously incorporating social distancing and whatever the guideline advice is at the time.
lucifer
Hall of Famer

Hucclecote Glaws 05 Jun 2020 18:23 pm said..

In Australian rugby league, some supporters are going to be allowed soon, in hospitality boxes with the numbers reduced to allow for social distancing.
"In my experience, eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles."

Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
Hucclecote Glaws
Hall of Famer

madders 05 Jun 2020 18:37 pm said..

Just being able to meet the lads in the Pelly before kick off. Seeing old friends, chatting about what might happen. A couple ,or three, Butty Bach’s before the game , in the Shed cheering our boys, followed by a few more after then home.
Oh l miss it soooooooooo much.
Come on Boris, let’s get back to normal by August 15th.
I’ve only ever been wrong once; l thought l was wrong, but l was wrong!
madders
Hall of Famer

covglaws 05 Jun 2020 20:34 pm said..

Theotherjonny wrote:
Number10 wrote:
MattChelt wrote:Just mentioned on 10am news on the radio. Good news, hopefully.

Given that all 92 remaining Premier League games are going to be shown live on TV / Amazon Prime (with around a third of them free-to-air on various platforms), what chances every remaining Premiership game (incl. the playoff semi's and the final) also get the same coverage?

The football coverage (before the season was suspended) was split between Sky, BT and Amazon (with highlights on BBC), whereas the Prem is exclusively BT for live coverage - to be hoped that they play ball and either show all games with a chunk of them free-to-air, or release some games to other broadcasters. Now we have a re-start date, the TV discussions can be ramped up.....

Then there's what will happen come the start of 2020/2021 season...?

I suppose channel 4 might be an option. They have shown a few european games

Can't remeber if it was 4 or 5 but there have (IIRC) definately been some premiership games on terrestrial TV this season ;)

Channel 5 showed a few live games last season and a couple this season, until the abrupt hiatus. So anything on terrestrial would logically be on 5.
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1759  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer

DieTrying 05 Jun 2020 21:05 pm said..

I think I read somewhere that some Clubs in the Football Premiership will be having "Golden Ticket" draws, that'll allow a small number of Supporters to attend matches.
aka John Neary
DieTrying

James J 05 Jun 2020 21:12 pm said..

madders wrote:Just being able to meet the lads in the Pelly before kick off. Seeing old friends, chatting about what might happen. A couple ,or three, Butty Bach’s before the game , in the Shed cheering our boys, followed by a few more after then home.
Oh l miss it soooooooooo much.
Come on Boris, let’s get back to normal by August 15th.

Very, very much wishful thinking.
James J
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby