New Guidelines at Holm

Turns out for the A team

Re: New Guidelines at Holm

14 Dec 2021 09:54 am:

tigerchef wrote:Indeed. The club could also make it policy that for entrance to the stadium, you will be required to wear a mask at all times. Unfortunately, there is no requirement to wear a mask if you have mental of physical issues that would prevent you from wearing a mask. There is also no requirement to have written evidence from a medical professional saying that you don't have to wear a mask. You are allowed to self-certify.

I am only posting this information, as there will be quite a number in the crowd who know this and will exploit this. I also hope that everyone is courteous and wear a mask as well.

Just to balance this post (and certainly not to have a go) these exceptions are there for a reason. I live with someone who (for reasons I won't detail here) cannot wear a mask. I have seen the impact they have on her and I don't think any reasonable person would argue that she should. Despite minimising the use of indoor public spaces she has on at least 5 occasions been shouted at by strangers for doing basic tasks (food shopping, etc). She wears a badge that explains she is exempt from wearing a mask. Most recently, coming home late from work in a taxi, the driver refused to let her leave the car until he had finished having a pop - and she had told the company beforehand that she couldnt wear a mask.

While I don't doubt that there are those who misuse exemptions, plenty legitimately rely on them. For many, if they could, they would rather be wearing a mask than be worrying about where the next verbal assault is going to come from.

My point, please be kind! While it might not be clear why someone isn't wearing a mask, there's a good chance you could end up having a go at a person who is already really struggling.

This post is not meant to be accusatory in any way, but an experience that I think worth sharing.
Hall of Famer

14 Dec 2021 11:19 am:

On the subject of exceptions - France must have a much stricter rule for what classifies as an exception or exemption from Mask wearing because as previously stated, we saw only a handful of people not wearing a mask.
Hall of Famer

14 Dec 2021 11:43 am:

I was in Italy in October - their mask rules are even tighter than that. To travel on a train or a flight, you have to wear either a surgical or FFP2/3 mask. Anything else is not allowed, unless you're exempt.
"In my experience, eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles."

Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
Vice-Captain

14 Dec 2021 12:09 pm:

Get the impression that there's going to be quite a bit of judging on Friday night.....
Society is so FUBAR now :(
Senior squad member

14 Dec 2021 13:32 pm:

The club have made the position clear - mandatory masks when entering turnstiles, inside etc except when eating and drinking.

They have advised masks when watching the game but not made it mandatory.

I have no problem wearing a mask to follow the mandatory rules, i'm yet undecided as to whether I will continue to wear one when sat outside watching the game but as it stands currently I most likely wont. However, should someone ask me to do so be it a fellow support sat in the same vicinity or a member of staff then i'd oblige.

Some strong opinions on here and as Ciren said a fair bit of judgement.
On the board

14 Dec 2021 13:55 pm:

We went through all this (excluding Covid passes) for the London Irish match at the end of May so it’s no big deal is it
Hall of Famer

14 Dec 2021 17:25 pm:

Sorry, could you highlight who is judging?
Vice-Captain

14 Dec 2021 18:48 pm:

tigerchef wrote:Sorry, could you highlight who is judging?

It depends what you’re watching and when…
Daytime, I’d recommend Rob Rinder and at the weekend, the marvellous Craig Revel Horwood….

Fab - u- lous……..
Hall of Famer

14 Dec 2021 19:47 pm:

Stuck_in_London wrote:
tigerchef wrote:Indeed. The club could also make it policy that for entrance to the stadium, you will be required to wear a mask at all times. Unfortunately, there is no requirement to wear a mask if you have mental of physical issues that would prevent you from wearing a mask. There is also no requirement to have written evidence from a medical professional saying that you don't have to wear a mask. You are allowed to self-certify.

I am only posting this information, as there will be quite a number in the crowd who know this and will exploit this. I also hope that everyone is courteous and wear a mask as well.

Just to balance this post (and certainly not to have a go) these exceptions are there for a reason. I live with someone who (for reasons I won't detail here) cannot wear a mask. I have seen the impact they have on her and I don't think any reasonable person would argue that she should. Despite minimising the use of indoor public spaces she has on at least 5 occasions been shouted at by strangers for doing basic tasks (food shopping, etc). She wears a badge that explains she is exempt from wearing a mask. Most recently, coming home late from work in a taxi, the driver refused to let her leave the car until he had finished having a pop - and she had told the company beforehand that she couldnt wear a mask.

While I don't doubt that there are those who misuse exemptions, plenty legitimately rely on them. For many, if they could, they would rather be wearing a mask than be worrying about where the next verbal assault is going to come from.

My point, please be kind! While it might not be clear why someone isn't wearing a mask, there's a good chance you could end up having a go at a person who is already really struggling.

This post is not meant to be accusatory in any way, but an experience that I think worth sharing.

I'm going to add another dimension, I would NEVER confront someone who is not wearing a mask, because you do not know why they are not wearing one. I know people with severe asthma, aspergers, autism, Cystic Fibrosis, Pulmonary Disease etc.

SIL I'm sorry your wife went through what she went through, it was out of order, not all disabilities can be seen, my wife was ticketed many, many times because, I'm not making this up, they thought "the blue badge might not be genuine" due to the fact "she didn't look disabled."

I concede TigerChef is right, some are taking advantage of the lackadaisical, flimsy and flowery **** from Parliament, especially around mask wearing. I wish there was more leadership.
"[MrGlawsRocker is] continual(ly) striving for across the board Diversity, Inclusion and Equality" - Gloucester Mute 03/09/2021

15 Dec 2021 00:46 am:

And just to balance that....there are other barriers that aren't mask that can be worn and less restrictive. I'm genuinely interested in the reasons why these options that are distanced from the mouth and allow full breathing can't be used? They were accepted for use by pubs etc. they aren't perfect but they have a degree of efficacy.

e.g. Image
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby & more