New Digital Audio System

Senior squad member

New Digital Audio System

14 Dec 2021 12:40 pm:

https://www.footballtradedirectory.com/ ... t?cat=3077

I’m sure I’d read that improvements had been made to the sound system in the ground already, but I honestly hadn’t noticed any difference - so hopefully this is new news & the announcement of ‘Gloucester Rugby’s Bonus Point Try’ on Friday night will be crystal clear.
Hero in the making

Re: New Digital Audio System

14 Dec 2021 16:32 pm:

At the Bristol game I could actually hear it for the first time in forever in the front/middle of the Shed, so wondered if more work had taken place.
Hall of Famer

14 Dec 2021 16:45 pm:

Same here. The music selection was much improved also.
Academy prospect

14 Dec 2021 17:13 pm:

There was a guy in the Shed with a laptop about 45 minutes before the start of the Exeter Premiership Cup game making adjustment to the Audio levels so perhaps that explains it.
Hero in the making

14 Dec 2021 17:31 pm:

Mojo wrote:There was a guy in the Shed with a laptop about 45 minutes before the start of the Exeter Premiership Cup game making adjustment to the Audio levels so perhaps that explains it.

He was also there at the Bristol game monitoring both spoken word and music levels. I spoke to him at the Ex game, and he seemed genuinely concerned to get it right, particularly the balance for spoken announcements: and at the Bris game you could hear GS interview, without being deafened by the music....I think it is much improved.
Another yard boys, another yard!
Vice-Captain

14 Dec 2021 20:40 pm:

I stand between the 22 and 5m lines, Tump End of the Shed and the sound has been much improved this season. Maybe we are lucky (or unlucky) to hear everything so clearly. Still miss Graham
Hall of Famer

14 Dec 2021 20:47 pm:

sound quality in main stand has deteriorated this season. Hopefully they have fixed that now as cant understand anything spoken.
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
Vice-Captain

15 Dec 2021 09:33 am:

I've noticed that the spoken word via the PA system in The Shed (almost on halfway line) is a little better over recent games, but still far from clear all the time.

But, why does the music (particularly at half-time) have to be SO LOUD...??? Almost impossible to have a conversation even with the person stood next to you.

Also, when the teams are read out around 10 mins before kick-off, why does there need to be background music playing beneath the names being read out? AND (!) get the timings better so that the crowd noise as the Glaws team leave the pitch after their warm-up doesn't interrupt the reading-through of our team.

It's improving, but only a bit at a time. Still room for improvement on several aspects.
Senior squad member

15 Dec 2021 09:50 am:

I stand down by the clock end of the Shed (under the cover) and you can't hear anything, it is like there is no speaker down that end at all.
Site Admin

15 Dec 2021 10:17 am:

The new digital solution distributes streamed audio to 384 speakers

That's a lot?
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby & more