Rumours

Re: Rumours

Wilkosam 18 May 2018 08:06 am said..

With Banahan, Sharples, Purdy, Thorley, Woodward, Marshall, Hudson, Seabrook and Trinder (have I missed anyone?) All able to cover the wing do we really need Varndell :?
Wilkosam
Vice-Captain

Brakspear 18 May 2018 08:13 am said..

Wilkosam wrote:With Banahan, Sharples, Purdy, Thorley, Woodward, Marshall, Hudson, Seabrook and Trinder (have I missed anyone?) All able to cover the wing do we really need Varndell :?

Apart from Seabrook that looks like a roll call for a hospital ward!
Brakspear
Vice-Captain

TOBIAS 18 May 2018 08:20 am said..

Collazo resigned at La Roch
TOBIAS
Hero in the making

Sheddy Mcshedface 18 May 2018 08:23 am said..

TOBIAS wrote:Collazo resigned at La Roch

Is that resigned or re-signed?
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Sheddy Mcshedface 18 May 2018 08:30 am said..

Wilkosam wrote:With Banahan, Sharples, Purdy, Thorley, Woodward, Marshall, Hudson, Seabrook and Trinder (have I missed anyone?) All able to cover the wing do we really need Varndell :?

I suppose there is an arguement that another winger in the squad makes it less likely that we end up with Trinder on the wing again. Not saying Varndell would be a choice as it would be better to bring though Seabrook or give other academy players a shout.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Longshanks 18 May 2018 08:42 am said..

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:

I suppose there is an arguement that another winger in the squad makes it less likely that we end up with Trinder on the wing again. Not saying Varndell would be a choice as it would be better to bring though Seabrook or give other academy players a shout.

With Banahan and Seabrook in the squad we will have 2 more wingers than we did this season so hopefully ends Trinder's career on the wing. I think we can live without Varndell.
Longshanks
Senior squad member

Castle Grim Reaper 18 May 2018 08:48 am said..

TOBIAS wrote:Collazo resigned at La Roch

Apparently being replaced by Jonno Gibbes
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

Ken Burney 18 May 2018 09:10 am said..

Collazo was under contract until 30 June 2022. Therefore, I doubt that he would have resigned. I suspect that he has left "by mutual agreement".
Ken Burney
Hall of Famer

mrfitz 18 May 2018 09:21 am said..

Yes Ken spot on with ‘mutual consent’ apparently had fallen out with a number of the coaches, and an incident with a water bottle? But can’t remember the details.

Shame as he had done an amazing job with them.
mrfitz
Senior squad member

Wilkosam 18 May 2018 10:08 am said..

Journalist Giles Mole in the Rugby Digger for the Telegraph today:
'Cipriani joins hooker Franco Marais, flanker Jaco Kriel, lock Gerbrandt Grobler and versatile back Matt Banahan, while a trio of South Africa internationals - centre Rohan Janse van Rensburg, prop Ruan Dreyer and lock Franco Mostert - are also expected to join from the Lions.'
No mention of the mystery signing from the prem... But boy, if we landed all of those I'd be even more excited for next season than I already am.
Wilkosam
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby