Rumours

Re: Rumours

Gb83 13 Jul 2018 14:05 pm said..

JamesK wrote:
Gb83 wrote:
Potentially or Cipriani was the 1st player of the quality they wanted to come available.

Indeed, Cipriani has the first 10 to become available who substantially added something to the squad. Until then the coaches saw no need to panic buy a 10. They were happy to go into next season with Burns.

Probably not, may be just planning a long term successor, who knows? Not us that’s for sure.

Any way let’s all look forward to next season, some strength has really been added.
Gb83
Hero in the making

Steve M 13 Jul 2018 14:08 pm said..

JamesK wrote: They were happy to go into next season with Burns.

... or Williams ;)
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
On the board

Stroud Wizard 13 Jul 2018 14:09 pm said..

Yes agreed that with the departures and arrivals it is an exciting squad. Look forward to the essential and constructive mid-field partnerships which last for the whole match including against the top teams. Sadly lacking on occasions last season.
Stroud Wizard
Senior squad member

JC 13 Jul 2018 14:27 pm said..

Stroud Wizard wrote:Yes agreed that with the departures and arrivals it is an exciting squad. Look forward to the essential and constructive mid-field partnerships which last for the whole match including against the top teams. Sadly lacking on occasions last season.

Looking forward to the new season myself. But if and when those “new and constructive” partnerships don’t click, I expect you and the other usual suspects will be first in the queue to offer your “opinion”.
Posts: 393  Location: North County Dublin, via The Longlevens Hood, Castle Grim and Old Richians...
JC
Vice-Captain

JamesK 13 Jul 2018 14:53 pm said..

Gb83 wrote:
....., who knows? Not us that’s for sure.

Indeed Gb83, we simply don't know what the coaches feel and therefore it is wrong to state that:

Lord Lucan wrote:I have long thought he wasn’t of sufficient quality and the coaches must feel the same given our recruiting a true premiership and international quality 10,...

Great that we agree!
JamesK
First team regular

Stroud Wizard 13 Jul 2018 17:00 pm said..

My advice to JC is that blind loyalty is not an attribute. It will take time for new partnerships to gel and a lot depends on selection process. We have the players now and a lot depends on the coach and how he sees combinations working. Too much chopping and changing is not the answer. It is surely no longer a matter of the players getting it wrong with the talent available. The spotlight is on Ackerman.
Stroud Wizard
Senior squad member

Clive's Pants 13 Jul 2018 17:42 pm said..

Billy Meakes' Twitter account has him down as 'Gloucester Rugby Player' and features a wallpaper of Glaws lifting the Challenge Cup. Seems odd that he has never updated that? ...or has it only recently been updated? Can't believe he'd leave Oz before the 2019 RWC. He has not posed since Jan.
https://twitter.com/bmeakes
Clive's Pants
Hero in the making

JC 13 Jul 2018 18:34 pm said..

Stroud Wizard wrote: Too much chopping and changing is not the answer. It is surely no longer a matter of the players getting it wrong with the talent available. The spotlight is on Ackerman.

Thanks for the advice SW, not that it was requested. You read it here first Shedweb, Stroud Wizard’s setting his stall out pre-season for the next “target”. Not even a ball kicked, FFS. Unbelievable!
Posts: 393  Location: North County Dublin, via The Longlevens Hood, Castle Grim and Old Richians...
JC
Vice-Captain

Snevets49 13 Jul 2018 18:46 pm said..

Clive's Pants wrote:Billy Meakes' Twitter account has him down as 'Gloucester Rugby Player' and features a wallpaper of Glaws lifting the Challenge Cup. Seems odd that he has never updated that? ...or has it only recently been updated? Can't believe he'd leave Oz before the 2019 RWC. He has not posed since Jan.
https://twitter.com/bmeakes

I must admit I follow BM on Twitter and thought he had updated to reflect his OZ move but I could be mistaken.

But whatever the outcome, respect to Clive's Pants for actually posting a genuine rumour.

I actually wouldn't mind BM's return. He's another that incurred the wrath of a few for not being SBW or Conrad Smith.
Snevets49
Hall of Famer

Steve M 13 Jul 2018 18:54 pm said..

First time I saw Billy Meakes play was in the pre-season 7s. I had no idea who he was but by the way he was hitting tackles and carrying I supposed he must be a flanker.

Always quite liked him but can't see him coming back.
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
On the board
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby