Rumours

Re: Rumours

gloskarlos 13 Jan 2019 11:15 am said..

Heinz is a GOOD scrum half.

We need a GREAT scrum half in my humble opinion.

It's such a key position.

We know what we are going to get from Willi week in week out - but as pointed out, he is in his twilight years - and whilst he is consistently GOOD, his potential for improvement or change is limited just by the nature of where he is in his career.

Braley and Vellacott both have bags of potential. For whatever reason it may be I am not sure they are achieving that quickly enough to take and own the shirt (notwithstanding injuries of course)

So for me, recruitment for this position is crucial.
gloskarlos
Academy prospect

Glen Sannox 13 Jan 2019 12:17 pm said..

Surely the role of the moderators is to protect the owners of Shedweb from being sued because a muppet posts something defamatory, and to keep a modicum of civilised behaviour on here...no biting, gouging, bad language etc. I felt the post about Heinz demonstrated a lack of class on the part of the poster (my opinion), but removing it would simply draw attention to that - better it's left there so people can read it and shake their heads in bemusement.
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

kentishglaws 13 Jan 2019 12:46 pm said..

Any rumours? Any rumours?
kentishglaws
Vice-Captain

Creamoftheprop 13 Jan 2019 12:50 pm said..

gloskarlos wrote:Heinz is a GOOD scrum half.

We need a GREAT scrum half in my humble opinion.

It's such a key position.

We know what we are going to get from Willi week in week out - but as pointed out, he is in his twilight years - and whilst he is consistently GOOD, his potential for improvement or change is limited just by the nature of where he is in his career.

Braley and Vellacott both have bags of potential. For whatever reason it may be I am not sure they are achieving that quickly enough to take and own the shirt (notwithstanding injuries of course)

So for me, recruitment for this position is crucial.

+1 exactly.
Creamoftheprop
First team regular

Fat Taff 13 Jan 2019 13:01 pm said..

Saints have signed All Black centre Matt Proctor
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

ShedOrDead 13 Jan 2019 17:24 pm said..

Glen Sannox wrote:Surely the role of the moderators is to protect the owners of Shedweb from being sued because a muppet posts something defamatory, and to keep a modicum of civilised behaviour on here...no biting, gouging, bad language etc.

Moderation in moderation: only remove that which has the potential to cause legal jeopardy for Shedweb. We're a forum of ex rugby players in the main, I am sure we can handle someone running their mouth faster than their tact can keep up with and it is always good to keep a mental tab of who those folk are (usually the ex scrum-halves).
ShedOrDead
On the board

madders 13 Jan 2019 18:52 pm said..

Do some on here realise that not only do players have access to ShedWeb, but they are young lads, who may not have lots of confidence, so when they read comments like “ l wish Heinz wasn’t “ not only does that undermine their confidence but indirectly it has a negative effect on the team.

We all have points of view; but please THINK before you post.

Personally l’m glad Heinz is staying another year.
madders
Hall of Famer

Malco 13 Jan 2019 18:58 pm said..

madders wrote:So Heinz would not find that offensive. Nice.

I’m quite sure he couldn’t care less what some random anonymous bloke on an Internet forum thinks.

From where I sit, as a Bath supporter, I think the comment is seriously misplaced. Until the appointment of Ackerman I think overseas recruitment has been pretty shabby at Gloucester for several years. I would say that Heinz is one of the best overseas hires Gloucester has ever made. I don’t see many scrum halfs in the Premiership who are anywhere near as rounded as he is. A real jack of all trades who doesn’t seem to me to have a real weakness in his game.

He does seem to me to be a little fragile but he isn’t 20 years old. I’ll bet he has contributed significantly to the emergence of Braley and Vellacott.

If I was you I’d be very concerned about the mooted loss of Vellacott, he looks like the next Dan Robson to me and I think he was the single most significant loss to Gloucester of the last decade.
Malco
Senior squad member

Not1eyed 13 Jan 2019 19:22 pm said..

That’s interesting call Malco. I haven’t seen enough of Velacott to comment. I for 1 am glad Heinz is staying
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

StroudieGlaws 14 Jan 2019 15:08 pm said..

Malco makes a great point about Heinz and in some people's eyes I guess it is that all round game ability that is the problem as he doesn't do the flashy things. Good solid dependable scrum half and a positively nice chap off the field.
StroudieGlaws
On the board
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby