Rumours

Re: Rumours

Glen Sannox 17 Mar 2019 17:04 pm said..

Do people really imagine that DH isn't on the case, or that if the worst happens a replacement hasn't been identified? I clearly have a higher opinion of our DoR than some do!
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

GlawsyD 17 Mar 2019 17:09 pm said..

or in Sarries Speak, perhaps it's the Glos Family and Culture more than the money that will talk. Perhaps Ackerman is allowing him the freedom of expression to run things on the pitch, which he might not get elsewhere that will make the difference.
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer

steckers 17 Mar 2019 17:21 pm said..

It's not a matter of whether we have a high opinion of DH or not. The amount of money available may come from above DH.

Why do you detest people speculating about these things so much. It really seems to offend you! I really think you should avoid the rumours thread!!!
steckers
Hall of Famer

Neilio44 17 Mar 2019 17:57 pm said..

Glen Sannox wrote:Do people really imagine that DH isn't on the case, or that if the worst happens a replacement hasn't been identified? I clearly have a higher opinion of our DoR than some do!

I've not seen anyone say that they don't think DH is on the case. DH has a lot of respect on here and I imagine most are confident in his recruitment abilities. It's only interesting discussion.
If it's wet, drink it.
Neilio44
Hero in the making

Asgard 17 Mar 2019 18:07 pm said..

steckers wrote:It's not a matter of whether we have a high opinion of DH or not. The amount of money available may come from above DH.

Why do you detest people speculating about these things so much. It really seems to offend you! I really think you should avoid the rumours thread!!!

You beat me to it, Steckers - well said.
Asgard
Hall of Famer

coleser 17 Mar 2019 18:41 pm said..

Well, this is Gloucester. Not one player is bigger than this club. If Danny stays, that’ll be wonderful. I thought he’d bought into the culture and that his relationship with the coach, his teammates, the supporters and the community would count for more than pounds, shillings and pence. If that’s not the case, we can get someone else who wants to play rugby union for us.
coleser
Vice-Captain

Glen Sannox 17 Mar 2019 19:25 pm said..

...because steckers said that he was worried it might be left so late that we ran out of options...I think that's daft, and borderline insulting to DH!
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

steckers 17 Mar 2019 20:32 pm said..

Firstly - let's be clear I did not express any doubts about DH. In fact, I have never criticised him or anyone else on the management team. Please don't put words in my mouth.

Back to the matter in hand. I don't believe there is anyone in the premiership who can replace what Cipriani has done this season. That's not to say there aren't good 10s. But the way in which he runs the show - and the fact that the attacking game has been rebuilt around him - means his departure would be a MAJOR setback.

I don't follow the international game like many others on here - but based on the little I've seen, I can't think of anyone who can replace him. Simply put, Cipriani's style of play and Ackermann's ambition are a marriage made in heaven.

So my worries aren't based on DH's ability or inability. They are based on my opinions of the options that will be open to Gloucester should he leave.

My hope is - Cipriani agrees with the above and will work with Gloucester to sort out the contract. I don't believe the other clubs reputed to be chasing him, will give him as good a chance to challenge the top 2.
steckers
Hall of Famer

Glen Sannox 17 Mar 2019 20:43 pm said..

'What concerns me is he leaves late in the season and there isn't enough time to find a replacement.'

Do you really think DH hasn't spotted that, and do you think he won't have planned for it?
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

steckers 17 Mar 2019 20:49 pm said..

He can plan for it all he wants. If there isn't anyone there - or if sufficient money isn't available - it will do the club no good.
steckers
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby