Rumours

Re: Rumours

Lebowski 14 Jun 2019 13:47 pm said..

I appreciate we have already discussed the PJ case at length so won’t repeat that. I do however think that the withdrawal of major sponsors from a Premiership club is of huge significance and worthy of discussion.

For me, irrespective of whether you believe PJ is guilty or innocent, or deserves another chance etc etc , the decision of LI to sign him was at the very least hugely naive. It was bound to cause controversy and it was inevitable sponsors would be uncomfortable. Diageo may be the parent company but Guinness is who LI are most associated with and they are arguably the most iconic brand of the country where this trial caused such controversy. Did LI consult with their sponsors prior to signing PJ? If not that would appear, as I said, naive at best.

Cash Converters have also ceased their sponsorship and that too raises serious questions about the LI management for me. Firstly I’m not sure I’d want Gloucester associated with such a sponsor in the first place - I’m sure some will disagree but I wouldn’t be comfortable with it. Secondly LI say their withdrawal has nothing to do with PJ. That’s even more concerning given Cash Converters said the company was "committed to the highest possible standards" and there were "a series of reasons" for cancellation. :shock: :shock:
Lebowski

Steve M 14 Jun 2019 14:58 pm said..

Does this 'stuff' need its own thread so that those of us who choose to can skip this discussion. I'm not saying that it is improper to be discussed on Shedweb just perhaps not on a Gloucester rumours thread ...
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer

Steve M 14 Jun 2019 15:00 pm said..

Steve M wrote:Does this 'stuff' need its own thread so that those of us who choose to can skip this discussion. I'm not saying that it is improper to be discussed on Shedweb just perhaps not on a Gloucester rumours thread ...

Sorry, just seen that someone has started separate thread ...
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 14 Jun 2019 17:35 pm said..

I would actually agree, although frankly this rather ceased to be a rumours thread months ago.

Personally I would like us to have two rumours threads; one for Glos and one for other stuff, and for them to be kept fairly sanitised, although that may be unrealistic. I say this because like many others I suspect I have very little interest in rumours about other clubs.
Lebowski

steckers 14 Jun 2019 17:47 pm said..

Good idea Lebowski
steckers
Hall of Famer

Jackal 14 Jun 2019 18:48 pm said..

Are there any rumours currently on players coming in?
Gloucester Exile, in the land of the Chiefs.
Jackal
Senior squad member

vitesse 14 Jun 2019 19:39 pm said..

Lebowski wrote:I would actually agree, although frankly this rather ceased to be a rumours thread months ago.

Personally I would like us to have two rumours threads; one for Glos and one for other stuff, and for them to be kept fairly sanitised, although that may be unrealistic. I say this because like many others I suspect I have very little interest in rumours about other clubs.

Great idea..... Glaws rumours and General rumours......?
Posts: 190  Location: Alicante Province, within easy reach of the airport......!
vitesse
Senior squad member

grunter 14 Jun 2019 21:15 pm said..

Lebowski wrote:I would actually agree, although frankly this rather ceased to be a rumours thread months ago.

+1 I totally agree with you Leb.
grunter
On the board

Sheddy Mcshedface 14 Jun 2019 21:55 pm said..

Or, and this is a bit wild but stick with me, we have a rumours thread for rumours and people start threads for other topics as and when they become relevant?
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

MrGlawsRocker 14 Jun 2019 22:13 pm said..

Porky wrote:
Neilio44 wrote: the lady doth protest too much.

I am sorry to say that is just about the stupidest comment I have read on Shedweb. If "the lady" were your daughter or someone you cared about, your attitude would, I hope, be different.

Of course Jackson deserves a second chance, hence he played in France and has been employed by LI but sponsors are also free to decide whether they want to support a team that has him in it.

What second chance does his "victim" deserve? She was, at best, taken advantage of and, at worst, raped. Either way, it was abhorrent.

My sympathies are entirely with her.

I've been echoing this view for a while sadly attacked & shouted down whilst doing so on many different social media platforms.

It's good to see I'm not alone in seeing that this girl on one way or the other was victim of an abhorrent act, one will have guilt but the other will be living with this the rest of their lives.

I've got people close to me who are living every day with trust issues, mental health problems and self destruct their lives due to living with abuse from the past. The first time you have someone you love curled up in a ball of misery in tears is hard, the second time you get angry and by the third person you just wonder how the f*** the courts is so unjust to victims of systematic abuse and rape?
In Ackermann we Trust.
MrGlawsRocker
On the board
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby