Cipriani has signed

Re: Cipriani has signed

glawfindel 14 May 2018 15:41 pm said..

David wrote:Val Rapava Ruskin... :D :D

Almost fits with the favourite chant for a referee
glawfindel
Hall of Famer

Mark from Stroud 15 May 2018 06:12 am said..

Just had a near heart-attack. I subscribe to Google Alerts and switched on this morning to a headline that appeared to say:

"Danny Cipriani and James Haskell boost England World Cup chances by signing for Gloucester"

I clicked on the link thinking only of Beddis ...

and realised that the full quote was :" Danny Cipriani and James Haskell boost England World Cup chances by signing for Gloucester and Saints"

Phew
Mark from Stroud
Hero in the making

Gb83 15 May 2018 07:02 am said..

Mark from Stroud wrote:Just had a near heart-attack. I subscribe to Google Alerts and switched on this morning to a headline that appeared to say:

"Danny Cipriani and James Haskell boost England World Cup chances by signing for Gloucester"

and realised that the full quote was :" Danny Cipriani and James Haskell boost England World Cup chances by signing for Gloucester and Saints"

Phew

I’d be happy if Haskell had of signed, that’s the type of experience we need for next year, he would help Polledri a lot. You don’t build up the number of caps he has and represent the lions by being average.
Gb83
Hero in the making

Beddis 15 May 2018 07:13 am said..

Gb83 wrote:
Mark from Stroud wrote:Just had a near heart-attack. I subscribe to Google Alerts and switched on this morning to a headline that appeared to say:

Phew

I’d be happy if Haskell had of signed, that’s the type of experience we need for next year, he would help Polledri a lot. You don’t build up the number of caps he has and represent the lions by being average.

He isn’t that good
Posts: 3232  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

Mark from Stroud 15 May 2018 07:14 am said..

Beddis wrote:
Gb83 wrote:

Phew

He isn’t that good

:lol:
Mark from Stroud
Hero in the making

Rab 16 May 2018 19:49 pm said..

Interesting watching DC interviewed on Rugby Tonight, talking about coming into his best and talking about the next '2-3 years', might just be talk but sounded real. We understand he has signed 2 years but he sounds committed. Interesting times!
Rab
Academy prospect

Sheddy Mcshedface 16 May 2018 20:27 pm said..

Even if he does get into the England squad through next season and into the world cup I can't see him being here past 2 years. At that point England will be at start of next 4 year cycle and he'll be deemed past it. He'll be off to France for the last big contract of his career and who would blame him?

I just hope we get to see the best of him in Cherry & White while he's here.
Sheddy Mcshedface
On the board

ShedOrDead 16 May 2018 20:53 pm said..

Rab wrote:Interesting watching DC interviewed on Rugby Tonight, talking about coming into his best and talking about the next '2-3 years', might just be talk but sounded real. We understand he has signed 2 years but he sounds committed. Interesting times!

My thoughts too when I heard that. Also his talk of 'moving on to bigger things to keep moving forward' or similar stired quite something in me, I must confess.

Not much of an interview though was it? About two sentences and over... probably the first time I've ever wanted to hear Ugo go on for longer than he did.
ShedOrDead
Vice-Captain

TheOptimistSenior 17 May 2018 15:35 pm said..

Great news (I know it's relatively old, but I've been out of circulation for a while).
One of the most talented flyhalfs in world rugby in my opinion. Has flaws, of course, but I trust Ackers to get the best out of him, not withstanding the Grauniad article on another thread.
Can't wait to see him in cherry and white with a hugely exciting back line.
Another plaudit for DH, JA and SV, and all others involved.
TheOptimistSenior
Vice-Captain
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby