Poll: New Gloucester Rugby Branding

What I think about the new branding is....

Love it! I want to bear its children.
8%
Overall very good.
60%
Meh, it's okay.
16%
It needed changing but this is not the answer.
5%
Preferred the old branding.
7%
Hate it! ...more than I hate Barf.
4%

Total votes : 235

Re: Poll: New Gloucester Rugby Branding

Peanutcoxy 17 May 2018 14:45 pm said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:
Forest wrote:
Chewbacca wrote:Whilst the new logo may look similar to Tigers, they are clearly different.

I don’t think that people will get confused between the two. In my eyes, ours looks better and therefore I am happy.

+1

One of the most simple and sensible posts on the topic I've seen....+ another 1

........and another +1
Peanutcoxy
Hero in the making

Brakspear 17 May 2018 14:57 pm said..

Tigers v Lions.png
Here they are, not too bad.
Brakspear
Vice-Captain

Beddis 17 May 2018 15:03 pm said..

When you put the two side by side, ours does look a bit crap to be honest.

However what does it really matter anyway, the performance of the team dictates everything and rightly so
Posts: 3232  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

TheOptimistSenior 17 May 2018 15:14 pm said..

Brakspear wrote:
Tigers v Lions.png

Thanks Brakspear.
Totally different in my view - the "tiger" has a dog like quality about it on closer inspection ( :) ), and the lion looks a very proud beast - doesn't have to snarl!
No comparison, ours is way better.
Understand the sentiments of the "doubters" with regard to the rebranding, but I can see only positives. Well done to the management.
Last edited by TheOptimistSenior on 17 May 2018 22:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheOptimistSenior
Vice-Captain

Glaws 17 May 2018 16:05 pm said..

Beddis wrote:When you put the two side by side, ours does look a bit crap to be honest.

However what does it really matter anyway, the performance of the team dictates everything and rightly so

I think ours looks more refined and professional. (I do think they're similar.

The more I see of it on the club site / twitter etc (and I saw the coach yesterday parked up at the ground) the more I like it.

I just read the SV interview with Rob Isles, and he said fhey had mutiple badges and logos around the club for different things and they wanted one logo that they could unify them all with so to me it does make sense..

I also like that they trademarked 4 badges just to add confusion as the chosen one was picked months before they were released into the public domain.
Glaws
On the board

DieTrying 17 May 2018 16:48 pm said..

I'd be intrigued, if anyone is photo editing savvy, to see what it looks like with the red & white of the lion reversed.
DieTrying

Dadofvik 18 May 2018 11:09 am said..

Still having trouble with one eye, but tried to read all the posts, so forgive me if this has been said before.
It looks as if the new logo is very, very similar in design to the Tiger’s. I know ours is a so-called lion, and theirs is a tiger, but . . .
Dadofvik
Vice-Captain

Sheddy Mcshedface 18 May 2018 11:11 am said..

Dadofvik wrote:Still having trouble with one eye, but tried to read all the posts, so forgive me if this has been said before.
It looks as if the new logo is very, very similar in design to the Tiger’s. I know ours is a so-called lion, and theirs is a tiger, but . . .

You can't have read that hard if you haven't seen about a million other people saying exactly the same thing.
Sheddy Mcshedface
On the board

King Prawn Bhuna 18 May 2018 11:48 am said..

Dadofvik wrote:Still having trouble with one eye, but tried to read all the posts, so forgive me if this has been said before.

Now you come to mention it...but I think you have to look really close though.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Peanutcoxy 18 May 2018 11:54 am said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:

Now you come to mention it...but I think you have to look really close though.

I hadn’t seen the likeness before now, but now it’s been pointed out........!
Peanutcoxy
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby