Marquee Signings

Marquee Signings

BigBatch 17 May 2018 15:30 pm said..

With the loss of both of our marquee signing in John Afoa and Jeremy Thrush, who will be our new ones?

I wonder if Jaco Kriell may be one of them (although they didn't say as such).
Danny Cipriani can't be a marquee signing as he has come from another premiership club.
BigBatch
Turns out for the A team

Re: Marquee Signings

Wilkosam 17 May 2018 16:03 pm said..

I'd be surprised if Kriel was one of them. Assuming we've signed Grobler, but are yet to announce, I suspect he may be one. Although it would seem odd, if it is true that we agreed to sign him a long time ago - as it would suggest management knew all that time ago that Thrush would not be staying. Though I suppose it is perfectly possible they made that decision a long time ago. To summarise, it is a mystery to me. Could be RJVR or Dreyer?
Wilkosam
Senior squad member

Gb83 17 May 2018 16:08 pm said..

Wilkosam wrote:I'd be surprised if Kriel was one of them. Assuming we've signed Grobler, but are yet to announce, I suspect he may be one. Although it would seem odd, if it is true that we agreed to sign him a long time ago - as it would suggest management knew all that time ago that Thrush would not be staying. Though I suppose it is perfectly possible they made that decision a long time ago. To summarise, it is a mystery to me. Could be RJVR or Dreyer?

I’m sure Kriel was originally off to Japan so wouldn’t be surprised if he is a marquee signing. Hopefully a new prop will be the other.
Gb83
Hero in the making

HKC 17 May 2018 16:13 pm said..

If we are signing Mostert and RJVR I'd imagine one or both would be a marquee player. If our prop is as Andy Deacon suggests, JCW then like Cips he can't be one.
HKC
Hero in the making

Forrester 17 May 2018 16:32 pm said..

BigBatch wrote:With the loss of both of our marquee signing in John Afoa and Jeremy Thrush, who will be our new ones?

I wonder if Jaco Kriell may be one of them (although they didn't say as such).
Danny Cipriani can't be a marquee signing as he has come from another premiership club.

It will just be the two highest earning qualifying players, whoever they may be.
Forrester
On the board

DieTrying 17 May 2018 16:53 pm said..

HKC wrote:If we are signing Mostert and RJVR I'd imagine one or both would be a marquee player. If our prop is as Andy Deacon suggests, JCW then like Cips he can't be one.

I'm not sure RVJR would qualify as he plays for Sale.
DieTrying

Forrester 17 May 2018 17:07 pm said..

He was on a three month loan, we've technically signed him from the Lions I think. Assuming we have signed him of course.
Forrester
On the board

Pest 17 May 2018 17:18 pm said..

Can someone link me to the JCW rumour?
Pest
On the board

Ken Burney 17 May 2018 17:26 pm said..

It was speculation by Andy Deacon, ex Gloucester tighthead, in his latest column on Gloucestershire Live.
Ken Burney
On the board

Sonrich 17 May 2018 17:27 pm said..

Doesn't the ruling on marquee signings also state that the player concerned cannot have played in the premiership for at least a year, if so than this must discount RJVR.
Sonrich
Turns out for the A team
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby