Marquee Signings

Re: Marquee Signings

TP17 17 May 2018 18:11 pm said..

RJVR didn't play in the Premiership for a year
TP17
Hall of Famer

Sonrich 17 May 2018 18:24 pm said..

I know that. The ruling is that a player signed as a marquee cannot have played in the premership during the previous 12 months, has to be away from the premiership for a year.
Sonrich
Turns out for the A team

Simmo468 17 May 2018 19:03 pm said..

We can also elect to move one of our current players to Marquee status if they have been with us for two seasons.
Simmo468
Hall of Famer

ryno_chelt 17 May 2018 20:05 pm said..

I wonder who our remaining biggest earners are. Who have been here two years.

Morgan and 12 3s perhaps? Pure guesswork, Marshall maybe.
ryno_chelt
Hero in the making

steckers 17 May 2018 20:41 pm said..

Williams and Ruskin at a guess
steckers
Hall of Famer

ryno_chelt 17 May 2018 21:40 pm said..

steckers wrote:Williams and Ruskin at a guess

Neither have been here two years
ryno_chelt
Hero in the making

Pest 18 May 2018 04:18 am said..

Ken Burney wrote:It was speculation by Andy Deacon, ex Gloucester tighthead, in his latest column on Gloucestershire Live.

Thanks. Just " wouldn't it be nice" chat rather than actually rumoured to be happening then.
Pest
Hall of Famer

Simmo468 18 May 2018 06:54 am said..

Pest wrote:
Ken Burney wrote:It was speculation by Andy Deacon, ex Gloucester tighthead, in his latest column on Gloucestershire Live.

Thanks. Just " wouldn't it be nice" chat rather than actually rumoured to be happening then.

I think it’s more of a suggestion than an actual signing though.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... r3z-addoor
Simmo468
Hall of Famer

HKC 18 May 2018 07:20 am said..

The JCW rumour is an interesting one. The way Deacs has written it does come across more that we're in for him, rather than a suggestion. To add further weight to the info, the rumour mill for some time has been that we're signing someone from the top 4. This was in the air a long time before Cips came into play. We know this all happened very quickly, so it is very likely that he was not the top 4 player we were in for. Furthermore, this would explain the rationale behind a lack of news on where Kieron Brookes is going. If Wasps wanted to wait until the season is over to confirm JCW's departure, this would be tempered by announcing Brookes as replacing him.

I am of course writing this on the grassy knoll along with my pal Elvis, but you just never know...
HKC
On the board

Sheddy Mcshedface 18 May 2018 07:29 am said..

Pest wrote:

That's exactly how we got Cipriani!
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby