The last Burns thread

Re: The last Burns thread

Lord Lucan 12 Jul 2018 21:17 pm said..

Glen Sannox wrote:...and your point is? Was he really worse about Lloyd Evans than some on here were about BB...and numerous others over the years?

My point is you are doing your usual stirring and adding nothing as per usual
Lord Lucan
Hall of Famer

Glen Sannox 13 Jul 2018 05:30 am said..

Not willing to answer the question? It does seem that if anyone challenges your view, whether it's GM or me, you duck the challenge. I repeatedly said, during last season, that some of the abuse that BB got was, IMO, out of line, and now that he's moved on, a few still fancy having a pop at him. Needless .
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

BigBatch 13 Jul 2018 07:09 am said..

I honestly think that a change of clubs is going to do Billy Burns the world of club, I think he will become a better player for moving to Ulster and I wish him luck.

It is a shame to see him go, but no club can have 4 fly halves on the books, it's just not good management of spending.
Johan has already publicly said that Williams isn't going anywhere, Cips has only just signed and Lloyd is our 'cheap' third choice. So it was sadly inevitable that Billy Burns was going to be moving on.

My hope now is the money free'd up by Billy moving on will be put to good use in a new signing.
Personally I am hoping for a winger or a center :)
BigBatch
First team regular

TheOptimistSenior 13 Jul 2018 15:08 pm said..

Glen Sannox wrote:...and your point is? Was he really worse about Lloyd Evans than some on here were about BB...and numerous others over the years?

I have already commented on the way GM expresses his views; on occasions he is insulting but his opinions are well held and considered. Whilst some posters have posted repeatedly their views on Burns, I don't think they were insulting (correct me if I'm wrong). Does that answer your question, GS?

I thought Billy Burns gave his all for Gloucester Rugby, was very brave and tackled above his weight. He had some wonderful games and some not so wonderful - I'm sure he knows which was which.
I wish him well at Ulster and hope he kicks on and becomes a better player. Thank you for your efforts Billy.
TheOptimistSenior
Vice-Captain

Glen Sannox 13 Jul 2018 15:26 pm said..

'face facts he just isn’t premiership class let alone international class'...each to their own but to me that's needlessly insulting about one of ours...as was the ridiculous comment that him going to Ulster proved he wasn't up to playing in the Premiership!

Anyway, I see some double standards at work even if the guilty men want to deny it!
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

chumba 13 Jul 2018 15:28 pm said..

BB kind of went missing in the 2nd half v Cardiff, it was even mentioned in the summary by the TV bods.

Sadly; so did the video ref :twisted:
chumba
Vice-Captain

mjad 13 Jul 2018 16:05 pm said..

BigBatch wrote:I honestly think that a change of clubs is going to do Billy Burns the world of club, I think he will become a better player for moving to Ulster and I wish him luck.

It is a shame to see him go, but no club can have 4 fly halves on the books, it's just not good management of spending.
Johan has already publicly said that Williams isn't going anywhere, Cips has only just signed and Lloyd is our 'cheap' third choice. So it was sadly inevitable that Billy Burns was going to be moving on.

My hope now is the money free'd up by Billy moving on will be put to good use in a new signing.
Personally I am hoping for a winger or a center :)

I wonder if the signing of Cips, which was late & not planned for when we were looking at the players for next season, has meant we needed to off load someone to fit under the salary cap
Regards
Michael
mjad
Hero in the making

chumba 13 Jul 2018 16:13 pm said..

I don't think so. I believe BB asked to leave rather than Glaws asking him to go. Seems like Ulster needed a fly-half, failed to bring in the Saffa as the IRFU wouldn't pay for a non-irish player. I reckon Ulster then scoured around for an irish-qualified player and BB just happened to fit the bill (no pun-intended).
chumba
Vice-Captain

Chalker 13 Jul 2018 17:18 pm said..

It may be three hundred and twenty odd years later but this is the second time King Billy has gone to Ireland.
Chalker
Hall of Famer

JC 15 Jul 2018 20:47 pm said..

Gb83 wrote:
Lord Lucan wrote:All this talk of development is hogwash, Wilkinson had won a World Cup at this age, face facts he just isn’t premiership class let alone international class.

Totally agree, the fact he has gone to Ulster and not a premiership side says a lot. The Ireland world cup talk is nothing more than a smoke screen.

Stroud Wizard 11 Jul 2018 19:20 pm said..
Must align myself with comments of Lord Lucan and Gb83. Ludicrous talk from Burns. All the talking should be done on the pitch.

Just found these quotes from the unholy trinity that is Gb83, Lord Lucan and Stroud Wizard. Now convince me that this can be perceived as being constructive...

Pretty much sums them all up to be frank.
Posts: 430  Location: North County Dublin, via The Longlevens Hood, Castle Grim and Old Richians...
JC
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby