West Terrace - No sponsor?

West Terrace - No sponsor?

King Prawn Bhuna 11 Jul 2018 09:28 am said..

Looking at tickets online, and noticed that the Tump has lost it's 123Bet sponsors....it's just called the West Terrace.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Re: West Terrace - No sponsor?

harrydyke 11 Jul 2018 10:41 am said..

I was at KH yesterday and there's a large 21Bet sign on the West Terrace. Not sure I'm entirely at ease with the widespread and ever-increasing advertising of betting in the media these days, but fully appreciate the need for sponsorship revenue.
harrydyke
Senior squad member

MattChelt 11 Jul 2018 11:48 am said..

There has been concern raised in recent times over the increasing amount of betting sponsorship in football, both as shirt sponsors and stadium naming rights.

Tobacco and alcohol sponsorship has been clamped down on / banned completely, so I wonder if tighter legislation will come in for betting sponsorship too, eventually?
MattChelt
Senior squad member

Glossince86 11 Jul 2018 12:06 pm said..

We have the Green King Shed, so they’d have to clamp down further on alcohol advertisement/sponsorship if they were to treat betting advertisement the same way
Glossince86
Hero in the making

Camel 11 Jul 2018 12:22 pm said..

The volume of gambling advertisements is something I feel fairly strongly about.

A good friend of mine attempted suicide a number of years ago, because of a £30k gambling debt he'd run up. No-one knew he was in that position and he ended up losing his house over it, albeit not his life.

I have no issues with people who want to gamble, it's their free will and choice to do so. However, the volume of adverts and incentives that pretty much all of the gambling firms use to entice the punter in I think is disgusting. Gambling is an addition and should be treated in the same way as smoking has been.
"Remember that Rugby is team game; all 14 of you make sure that you pass the ball to Jonah"
Camel
Hall of Famer

TP17 11 Jul 2018 14:38 pm said..

Glossince86 wrote:We have the Green King Shed, so they’d have to clamp down further on alcohol advertisement/sponsorship if they were to treat betting advertisement the same way

And the Stowford Press Stand..
TP17
Hall of Famer

Asgard 11 Jul 2018 14:50 pm said..

It looks like another thread heading west.
Asgard
Hall of Famer

Tuffty 11 Jul 2018 19:01 pm said..

Camel wrote:The volume of gambling advertisements is something I feel fairly strongly about.

I’m overwhelmingly in support of this Camel. It is a corrosive and divisive activity that prays on those whom are often the least well placed to withstand its eventual effects.

Gambling has a place, but nowhere near the status it presently and unjustifiably occcupies.
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Tuffty
Hall of Famer

Tump 11 Jul 2018 19:21 pm said..

Do you wanna bet ?
Tump
Vice-Captain

Steve M 11 Jul 2018 19:51 pm said..

Tump wrote:Do you wanna bet ?

Shouldn't you be calling yourself West Terrace on this thread ?
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
On the board
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby