Ed Jones and the RFC

Re: Ed Jones and the RFC

Lewi7 12 Aug 2018 18:47 pm said..

Mute - I see an English coach has acted in an honourable way & not jumped ship. Good man Shaun Edwards !
Posts: 3454  Location: Back in the 'Shire, how long for I wonder ?
Lewi7

Gloucester Mute 12 Aug 2018 22:06 pm said..

????
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 1039  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

JC 13 Aug 2018 08:27 am said..

Lewi7 wrote:Mute - I see an English coach has acted in an honourable way & not jumped ship. Good man Shaun Edwards !

Nick, he’s just scratching around for now until his Wigan RL contract begins... ;)
Posts: 405  Location: North County Dublin, via The Longlevens Hood, Castle Grim and Old Richians...
JC
Vice-Captain

Lewi7 13 Aug 2018 09:17 am said..

Point being that Edwards hasn't jumped ship and left this close to the World Cup, unlike Gustard and reportedly Borthwick seeking other options. Mute had a dig at the Welsh coaches following my comment about there being wider issues with Jones & the England set up.

Justin, if Edwards wanted to go to Wigan, or many other jobs right now he could.
Lewi7

Gloucester Mute 13 Aug 2018 10:57 am said..

[quote="Lewi7"] Mute had a dig at the Welsh coaches following my comment about there being wider issues with Jones & the England set up.

Welsh coaches. I thought the Welsh coaches simply laid out the training-cones under direction from the various Kiwi Head Coaches ;)
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 1039  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Lewi7 13 Aug 2018 12:36 pm said..

Oh dear Mute, you are a one, aren't you.
Lewi7

JC 13 Aug 2018 14:39 pm said..

Lewi7 wrote:Point being that Edwards hasn't jumped ship and left this close to the World Cup, unlike Gustard and reportedly Borthwick seeking other options. Mute had a dig at the Welsh coaches following my comment about there being wider issues with Jones & the England set up.

Justin, if Edwards wanted to go to Wigan, or many other jobs right now he could.

Easy tiger!

I get Edwards is seeing out his Welsh contract. To be fair to Gustard, he was an assistant coach with England. A HC position of a Premirship club came along - he took it. Neither Edwards or Gustard can be faulted for their decisions. Whether there’s more to it with England is debatable and subject to rumour. How many jobs has Edwards been linked to during his time with the WRU?

Anyway, regardless of what we think of their decisions they’ve both done what they feel is best for them - and best of luck to them.

Now go and have an early night ya cranky git!!!
Posts: 405  Location: North County Dublin, via The Longlevens Hood, Castle Grim and Old Richians...
JC
Vice-Captain

Glen Sannox 13 Aug 2018 16:51 pm said..

Gustard is a coach...he likes coaching, and wanted to do it every day of the week...the chance came along, and he took it. Also, I believe he will make an immediate difference at Quins...expect much better from them in the coming season.
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby