Cipriani

Cipriani

Jimbodini 10 Aug 2018 21:28 pm said..

Still can’t believe we signed him. Cannot wait to see him play at kingsholm and it seems like he’s really bought into the club and excited to play in front of the fans.

Let’s not disappoint him this season. Maybe even a rendition of ‘Da-nny cip-ri-ani’ to the tune of the ‘Lesley vainikolo’ and ‘Terry fanalua’ songs? Cant beat hearing the shed in full voice
Jimbodini
Senior squad member

Re: Cipriani

TP17 10 Aug 2018 23:20 pm said..

I echo you Jimbodini. Also +1 on the chant!

This is a good interview with Cipriani from Rob in Gloucestershire Live - https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... ns-1882788. Danny says he can't wait to have the shed on his side! :D
TP17
Hall of Famer

DieTrying 10 Aug 2018 23:34 pm said..

Banahan, bought into the "Club" culture by having his shaved, even though he could have used the age exemption. Cipriani didn't and also called Gloucester a "Town" in a national Paper. :roll:
DieTrying

King Prawn Bhuna 11 Aug 2018 04:17 am said..

That’s it ....he’s rubbish....we should have kept B.B. :D
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

ShedOrDead 11 Aug 2018 06:42 am said..

TP17 wrote:I echo you Jimbodini. Also +1 on the chant!

This is a good interview with Cipriani from Rob in Gloucestershire Live - https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... ns-1882788. Danny says he can't wait to have the shed on his side! :D

Looks like the national press was out in force at the CG media day: I've read similar versions of this in the Toryfart, the Times and the Grauniad! Not complaining about Gloucester making the papers mind, especially in that last one, and for Rugby reasons.

With reference to his comment about "kissing the badge when [he] score[s]", apologies if this has been asked elsewhere but will Cips start as the kicker this season? He yielded those duties to Gopperth at Pests and Twelvetrees kicked beautifully last season finishing with the best % of any Englishman in the Prem. This assumes that both Cips and Twelvetrees make the first XV of course...
ShedOrDead
Vice-Captain

Sheddy Mcshedface 11 Aug 2018 07:12 am said..

DieTrying wrote:Banahan, bought into the "Club" culture by having his shaved, even though he could have used the age exemption. Cipriani didn't and also called Gloucester a "Town" in a national Paper. :roll:

Hibbard didn't shave his head and that didn't work out too badly!
Sheddy Mcshedface
On the board

DieTrying 11 Aug 2018 07:42 am said..

King Prawn Bhuna wrote:That’s it ....he’s rubbish....we should have kept B.B. :D

:D
DieTrying

Opportunist 15 Aug 2018 10:56 am said..

http://bit.ly/CiprianiOnGloucesterMove

Another excellent article with Cipriani. I'm liking his attitude and looking forward to seeing him in action. Any idea who the four other clubs that approached him were?
Opportunist
On the board

King Prawn Bhuna 15 Aug 2018 11:00 am said..

A bit old school living in with another player...I like it. Reminds me of the days that Vix and Duggy lived in Longlevens...
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Glaws 15 Aug 2018 12:15 pm said..

Having thought about it I can't see it being any of the following due to either new/expensive or established starting 10s in place.

Exeter
Saints
Saracens
Bath
Tigers.

Obviously can't be Wasps or us in the 4 other clubs. Which for me, leaves:

Newks
Sale
Bristol
Quins

And for some reason I just can't see Worcs going in for him. I may be wrong...!
Glaws
On the board
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby