Glaws v Bristol - some match statistics

Glaws v Bristol - some match statistics

Ken Burney 15 Sep 2018 07:16 am said..

Glaws made 148 runs and made 522 metres. Bristol made 142 runs but only 366 metres. Our back row carried superbly - Polledri for 87 metres, Ludlow for 70 metres and Ackermann for 63 metres. These hard carries softened up Bristol.

We made 132 out of 146 tackle attempts = 90% - excellent. Bristol, who seemed to tire, only made 111 out of 143 attempts = 78% - not good enough. However, George Smith made 21 tackles and missed none.

We conceded 9 penalties but Bristol gave away 17 - that's way too many at this level.

I thought that Bristol played well in the first half and we were average. However, scoring our first try in the first minute of the second half energised us. As Bristol tired, their errors mounted and we ended up winning comfortably. Why were they still playing rugby in their own 22, when the clock was up, and they couldn't get any points from the game was surprising.

A good win for Glaws, in the end, but there is still room for improvement which is a good sign. Our front 5 gave a good platform for our back row to shine with ball in hand. Jake Polledri was immense - he blasted through tacklers repeatedly. Get him re-signed!
Ken Burney
Hall of Famer

Re: Glaws v Bristol - some match statistics

Ferret 15 Sep 2018 08:12 am said..

Just an observation from the stand.
Lately when the guys run around the pitch in front of Shed some break off just over halfway line instead of jogging to 22 metre line then turning right.
Looks a bit of a shambles to be honest. I know some will think miserable old git but it looks so much more structured, disciplined whatever you want to all it but opposition do watch with envy.
Ferret
Hero in the making

Mackemglaws 15 Sep 2018 09:38 am said..

Miserable old git? On balance....yes.
Choreography is soo important. A good dose of Stictly tonight should sort the issue in my view.
Mackemglaws
Hall of Famer

Asgard 15 Sep 2018 09:56 am said..

Ken Burney wrote:We made 132 out of 146 tackle attempts = 90% - excellent. Bristol, who seemed to tire, only made 111 out of 143 attempts = 78% - not good enough. However, George Smith made 21 tackles and missed none.

To be fair, Ken, George Smith had the advantage of standing very close to the Gloucester players throughout the match. I think the only time he was onside was when he came back on after his sin binning!
Asgard
Hall of Famer

Return to Gloucester Rugby