Other games

Re: Other games

Sky blue 16 Sep 2018 17:26 pm said..

Fat Taff wrote:Really surprised at how many on twitter are saying it was a soft red including Billy V, with many using 'the game's gone soft' line.

When has it ever been legal to go shoulder to head?

I don't subscribe to the game's gone soft nonsense.

But, I thought the ref made a mistake. Taylor was at full height when the tackle started. After he threw the pass he bent his knees to brace for the impact - causing his head to move into the firing line.
Sky blue
Hall of Famer

madders 16 Sep 2018 18:32 pm said..

Fat Taff, ask the ABA, I’m not an expert on the subject, but it seems to work for boxers.
madders
Hall of Famer

Still Realistic 16 Sep 2018 18:53 pm said..

As the laws are now that was correct red card. Unlike Smith last week I think this one will be upheld and a further sanction will be applied.
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer

Fat Taff 16 Sep 2018 18:55 pm said..

madders wrote:Fat Taff, ask the ABA, I’m not an expert on the subject, but it seems to work for boxers.

How?

In rugby, headguards only prevent superficial cuts.

Why call for mandatory headgear if you don't know if it prevents head injuries or not?

"The relative risk of concussion for participants wearing protective equipment (ie, headgear, full face shields) relative to their counterparts wearing standard or no equipment, calculated from seven available reports, showed no effect of intervention "

From the BJSM
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Number10 16 Sep 2018 18:56 pm said..

Still Realistic wrote:As the laws are now that was correct red card. Unlike Smith last week I think this one will be upheld and a further sanction will be applied.

I can't see how it is worse than the Smith one. However I agree that he will get a ban.
Number10
Hall of Famer

Still Realistic 16 Sep 2018 18:58 pm said..

Number10 wrote:
Still Realistic wrote:As the laws are now that was correct red card. Unlike Smith last week I think this one will be upheld and a further sanction will be applied.

I can't see how it is worse than the Smith one. However I agree that he will get a ban.

Smith's head didn't connect directly with the head of the opponent, only riding up with minimal contact.
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer

Asgard 16 Sep 2018 19:00 pm said..

It wasn't even near a tackle - a dangerous shoulder charge and was dealt with correctly. Intent has nothing to do with it and heaven help us if the referee ever has to debate it.
Asgard
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 16 Sep 2018 19:30 pm said..

It certainly wasn’t a shoulder charge as he wrapped his left arm round. Personally I would say George smith’s was more of a shoulder charge.
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

steckers 16 Sep 2018 19:41 pm said..

Clear red card under current laws and Taylor didn't dip.
steckers
Hall of Famer

madders 16 Sep 2018 19:49 pm said..

here we go............the red card lottery, coming to a game near you. It's becoming a joke.
madders
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby