Pre Game atmosphere

Re: Pre Game atmosphere

Asgard 16 Sep 2018 11:20 am said..

Old age and forty odd years of marriage has enabled me to blank out extraneous noise; I don't remember hearing anything on Friday night.
I'm happy to give lessons/ run tutorials if there is a demand.
Asgard
Hall of Famer

covglaws 16 Sep 2018 12:19 pm said..

I suspect the two announcers will find their feet in time, they'll need a little while. Springy is a very hard act to follow. Just goes to show how easy he made it look.

The original point of this thread was the piped chanting and lion roar. Those who didn't particularly notice it were presumably not in their seats. Those of us in the Shed half /three-quarters of an hour beforehand certainly did. Combined with the distortion of the crap tannoy system, it really was awful, embarrassingly bad. Worse, someone near me who has a hearing problem, actually found it painful.

Memo to club -DESIST NOW!!!
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1333  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer

ElverEater 16 Sep 2018 13:54 pm said..

Watching the Wasps - Tigers game and they are piping in Wasp noises into the stadium, my dog is going ballistic! :lol:
ElverEater
Vice-Captain

Fat Taff 16 Sep 2018 14:10 pm said..

covglaws wrote:I suspect the two announcers will find their feet in time, they'll need a little while. Springy is a very hard act to follow. Just goes to show how easy he made it look.

The original point of this thread was the piped chanting and lion roar. Those who didn't particularly notice it were presumably not in their seats. Those of us in the Shed half /three-quarters of an hour beforehand certainly did. Combined with the distortion of the crap tannoy system, it really was awful, embarrassingly bad. Worse, someone near me who has a hearing problem, actually found it painful.

Memo to club -DESIST NOW!!!

Try getting hold of SV on twitter. I think they spent a fair few quid on upgrading the sound system, so I'm sure he's appreciate feedback,
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

PeterD 16 Sep 2018 14:26 pm said..

Feedback on the new tannoy system?
Surely not.
PeterD
Hall of Famer

Dadofvik 16 Sep 2018 16:49 pm said..

Never noticed the announcer, but noticed the music. Impossible to hold a conversation with friends old and new about the game. I can’t remember it being that loud last season, and also the music itself was total rubbish. Perhaps no royalties were needed for it!
Dadofvik
Hero in the making

tigerchef 16 Sep 2018 17:11 pm said..

I just quietly chuckle to myself each time Glaws run out to a song about Oral Sex... :D
tigerchef
Hero in the making

Gloucester Mute 16 Sep 2018 17:17 pm said..

TP17 wrote:We must be playing well - nothing on the field to moan about so it's come down to this. A good sign really!

We are nowhere near on the same level as the aforementioned clubs for 'fake' atmosphere. I did notice a few pre-game changes, such as the lion, but it didn't bother me too much. It could be a lot worse. We could have an announcer that screams "COME ON YOU GLOS" to try and drum up some form of an atmosphere every 5 minutes, like at other grounds. Or the dreaded post-try music!

Also, I don't think anyone has cared to point out that Kingsley the mascot has yet to appear. Surely you moanies are happy about that!

Has anyone else noticed the remarkable coincidence of no Leb the Lion on SW along with no Kingsley the Lion @ CG. I knew they were one and the same...……….. ;)
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 1069  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Tumpy+1 16 Sep 2018 18:29 pm said..

PeterD wrote:Feedback on the new tannoy system?
Surely not.

:D Excellent
Officially 'Happy Clappy'
Tumpy+1
Vice-Captain

PeteG 16 Sep 2018 20:52 pm said..

Glaws wrote:This thread's hilarious.

I'm all for positive criticism but after a bonus point win in our derby game and 'my evening was ruined' by the music and pre game atmosphere. Really? It can't be that bad surely, I don't even notice the music and announcers as I'm too immersed in convo beforehand and at HT.

Try to enjoy the win, perhaps with a nice cold Wolfpack or two.... ;)

Not do sure about the lager
But I am fed up with the moaning Minnie's re: the PA ,music, announcers. Move on from the stone age.
PeteG
First team regular
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby