Next game: Sarries @sq. of astroturf nr. M25

Next game: Sarries @sq. of astroturf nr. M25

Clive's Pants 16 Sep 2018 13:01 pm said..

Just watched the short highlights of their game against Saints and win was not as emphatic as scoreline suggested. Saints secured 2 yellow cards from rolling maul...but McColl mentioned rolling maul defence was something they needed to work on. Nice that for the first time this season expectations from neutrals will be low - give it a lash lads!.... but don't do a Nick Wood and get red carded in the first few minutes.
Clive's Pants
Hero in the making

Re: Next game: Sarries @sq. of astroturf nr. M25

Fat Taff 16 Sep 2018 16:25 pm said..

Selection will be interesting. Anyone else think that Woodward hasn't exactly hit his straps yet this season?
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

madders 16 Sep 2018 16:36 pm said..

I thought he was well off the pace against Saints but at Bath and against Bristol he looked better, but JA hasn’t given Hudson the nod, so maybe he is content.
With Marshall and Thorely still out, l guess the options are limited.
I hope we go to Allianz Park with the intention to win and pick a 23 to achieve that.
madders
Hall of Famer

CMGC 16 Sep 2018 16:41 pm said..

I can understand that thinking .... but we then have quins at home and Pests away. At some point he will need to rest and rotate. So when does he do it? Slow evolution- 2-3 at a time or rest half the team in one go? The bottom line is players have to give at some point or risk fatigue type injuries.
CMGC

andrewatcourtfarm 16 Sep 2018 17:26 pm said..

We do need to get a point or two next weekend. Best case scenario, we could be top, but worst case we could be 7th.
andrewatcourtfarm
First team regular

Ken Burney 16 Sep 2018 17:26 pm said..

Fat Taff ... yes, I agree. As yet, Woodward has not impressed me like he did for the second half of last season.
Ken Burney
Hall of Famer

Number10 16 Sep 2018 17:30 pm said..

Ken Burney wrote:Fat Taff ... yes, I agree. As yet, Woodward has not impressed me like he did for the second half of last season.

I think the back three and taking a while to get used to each other. A couple of tries have cone from kicks behind banahan where I think him and Woodward are not quite on right wavelength. No one's fault just something that will get better the more the play together.
Number10
Hall of Famer

stevieb 16 Sep 2018 18:03 pm said..

Talk about rotation but with Dreyer, Mostart, Kriel, Heinz, Marshall and Thorley all to be introduced when fit (all “best 23” players to my mind), I think rotation will happen naturally and seamlessly over the next couple of months.
stevieb
On the board

Old Rik 17 Sep 2018 07:16 am said..

Commentary from the Bris game on BT sport suggested that DH was talking about continuity of squad and learning how to win. A successful season for me will be top 6 and 100% wins at Kingsholm. I don’t think we are top 4 material yet. Our D has big losses of concentration and as Friday showed we got rattled when the oppo ran hard. As long as we are competitive and push Sarries all the way on Sunday then a loss will not derail the wagon at all. Could do with Heinz playing Sunday.
Old Rik
Vice-Captain

Ken Burney 17 Sep 2018 07:44 am said..

At the recent Fans' Forum David Humphreys talked about the need for less player turnover season on season. He wanted more stability and continuity with, perhaps, longer player contracts.
Ken Burney
Hall of Famer
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby