Barf v Toolose

Re: Barf v Toolose

Geoffy 13 Oct 2018 20:01 pm said..

I'm getting a bit fed up with people mistaking me for the Pope.
I must stop wearing the cream-coloured kaftan, and drinking pints of creme de menthe.

Freddie would have been treated with more (but not total) sympathy on Shedweb if he'd been playing for any other rugby club in the world. It's a corporate thing - the sight of our deadly rivals in utter distress trumps any notion of empathy with a player who ran out for us two clubs ago, and who kisses the badge of his current employer. He's moved on, and so can we.
Geoffy
Senior squad member

Oxford Glaws 13 Oct 2018 20:06 pm said..

Geoffy wrote:I'm getting a bit fed up with people mistaking me for the Pope.
I must stop wearing the cream-coloured kaftan, and drinking pints of creme de menthe.

This can only end in a schism.
1Thes.5 [14] Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feeble-minded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
Oxford Glaws
Hall of Famer

Geoffy 13 Oct 2018 20:09 pm said..

Or Papal Bull!?
Geoffy
Senior squad member

the mouse 13 Oct 2018 20:22 pm said..

No sympathy score first celebrate after
the mouse
Turns out for the A team

Still Realistic 13 Oct 2018 21:24 pm said..

Regardless of celebrating before you put the ball down, do it with 2 hands! Anyone remember a young James Simpson Daniel dropping a one handed touch down at the tump end?
As some one else said praise the Toulose player for not giving up and for anyone involved in junior coaching remember- never give up, never put the ball down one handed and only celebrate after the ref has awarded the try.
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer

Tuffty 13 Oct 2018 21:36 pm said..

Did make me laught when I saw it!

:lol:
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Tuffty
Hall of Famer

Glaws 13 Oct 2018 21:37 pm said..

Gotta feel for the guy....but it was funny from a rugby perspective but it'll effect him for a long time. Definitely one to learn from the hardway.

Glad Bath lost though :D

Is this now another Bert thread? ;)
Glaws
On the board

King Prawn Bhuna 13 Oct 2018 22:00 pm said..

Yay...a Bert thread....:) You can't get enough of these.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

coleser 14 Oct 2018 04:34 am said..

I know there’s a Limerick thread. But:

While crossing the whitewash, young Freddie,
Thought: I’ll dab this egg down when I’m ready.
He banged on his crest,
Waved to fans...and the rest.
Merde! Ball spilt; now Freddie’s unsteady.
coleser
Vice-Captain

Cherryade 14 Oct 2018 04:46 am said..

Yep nothing wrong with a chuckle at our rivals ball's up....and Jesus a little bit of banter at Freddie too, no big deal.....but for me the French winger deserves credit. Probably 99 times out of 100 that's a try all day long; the vast majority of the time once a player breaks through like that and is over the white wash they are never chased down.....credit to Maxine (?) for not giving up and having the intelligence to do what he did.
Cherryade
Senior squad member
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby