England squad for NZ

Re: England squad for NZ

Number10 10 Nov 2018 20:45 pm said..

steckers wrote:When you play the style of rugby that the All Blacks play - of course the conditions will affect them more than the opposition. It doesn't take anything away from England's performance today though.

Surely if you are the best side in the world you can play in any conditions.
Number10
Hall of Famer

steckers 10 Nov 2018 20:47 pm said..

I suppose the obvious answer is - they did. And won. Away from home.
steckers
Hall of Famer

Still Realistic 10 Nov 2018 20:58 pm said..

It hardly ever rains in New Zealand either!!!!
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer

Fat Taff 10 Nov 2018 21:14 pm said..

Number10 wrote:
steckers wrote:When you play the style of rugby that the All Blacks play - of course the conditions will affect them more than the opposition. It doesn't take anything away from England's performance today though.

Surely if you are the best side in the world you can play in any conditions.

I thought some of their handling and interplay was staggering with the conditions.
Of course it rains down the, but a lot of super rugby is played on dry tracks.
If England play like that for the remainder of the Autumn, they'll comfortably be 3 from 4 and coming within a gnats whisker of beating the best team. What say Eddies knockers if that's the case? Mind you, if they get the ref Wales had against Australia, they're getting pinged off the park
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Still Realistic 10 Nov 2018 21:36 pm said..

Moving on.......so what team does EJ put out next week?
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer

steckers 10 Nov 2018 22:14 pm said..

You would think it's a chance to rotate a little but who knows with EJ. Maybe Cokosinga? Manu if fit. I expect George Ford to start with Care at 9.
steckers
Hall of Famer

steckers 10 Nov 2018 22:15 pm said..

I'd like to see Mercer back also.
steckers
Hall of Famer

CMGC 10 Nov 2018 22:52 pm said..

I would be surprised if all the benchers don't start . Add in a lock and Underhill with Manu and maybe another back . He'll then have a rrested crew ready for the Oz match. Win that and it will be interesting to see who he picks in Feb for the first game. The only real concern today was that eng didn't sort out the lineout when Retalic was clearly getting up ahead of Itoje. After the first instance they should'nt be allowing repeats.
CMGC

DieTrying 10 Nov 2018 23:24 pm said..

From Eddie Jones: “Sometimes the game loves you, and sometimes it doesn’t,” cursed Jones, after Sam Underhill’s late ‘winning’ try was ruled out for a marginal offside. “It loved us last week, it didn’t love us so much this week.

“We’re obviously devastated, but we take the good with the bad. We’ll get some love from the game further down the track, don’t worry.”

You can't say fairer than that.
DieTrying

DieTrying 10 Nov 2018 23:40 pm said..

CMGC wrote:I would be surprised if all the benchers don't start . Add in a lock and Underhill with Manu and maybe another back . He'll then have a rrested crew ready for the Oz match. Win that and it will be interesting to see who he picks in Feb for the first game. The only real concern today was that eng didn't sort out the lineout when Retalic was clearly getting up ahead of Itoje. After the first instance they should'nt be allowing repeats.

I'll go with this scenario but I'm not sure EJ can bring in any extras unless for injuries?
DieTrying
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby