Cup semi qualification

Cup semi qualification

Silverstander 10 Nov 2018 08:57 am said..

Are we supporting the tiggers in February ?
I think they need to beat saints or we need to get a better result v Ba—
Is that right !?
Silverstander
Turns out for the A team

Re: Cup semi qualification

madders 10 Nov 2018 09:11 am said..

After last nights lacklustre performance, l don’t think l am bothered one way or another. That said if we are in contention for HC progression and our league position is good, then maybe it is an unnecessary distraction.
madders
Hall of Famer

stevieb 10 Nov 2018 09:17 am said..

The best second placed team qualifies so beating Barf may be enough?
stevieb
On the board

Lambpie 10 Nov 2018 09:33 am said..

madders wrote:After last nights lacklustre performance, l don’t think l am bothered one way or another. That said if we are in contention for HC progression and our league position is good, then maybe it is an unnecessary distraction.

I kinda get what you’re saying about an unnecessary distraction but I want us to be going all out to win every competition we’re in (maybe unrealistic I know) or at least go as far as we can in every competition we’re in as success breeds success
Lambpie
Vice-Captain

Silverstander 10 Nov 2018 09:47 am said..

Agreed we should’ve innittowinnit
Agreed beating the old enemy would certainly be a possible double whammy and be enough
I’m guessing only winners get home semi ?
Silverstander
Turns out for the A team

ryno_chelt 10 Nov 2018 09:57 am said..

It’s great we are in with a shout. Champs cup and league position will influence our selection - we could go for it, or we could give youngsters a chance. It nice to have that ability to select depending on whether semis would be a distraction or not.
ryno_chelt
Hero in the making

Forrester 10 Nov 2018 10:01 am said..

I’m not particularly bothered and I wouldn’t put any bets on what our team against Bath might be. We have a brutal run of Prem & HC games coming up and the Bath game may we’ll be our only opportunity left to rest our first team this season.
Forrester
On the board

Big Red 10 Nov 2018 10:29 am said..

Progression or not, let’s make sure we just beat that lot.
Big Red
Hall of Famer

Beddis 10 Nov 2018 10:30 am said..

Barf are on a run of 7 straight defeats, I don't even want to begin to think what this site would be like if we were the same. Perhaps they might need a win more than us if their losing run continues???

Delighted for them by the way, particularly Dyson and Craig, 2 ars holes of the highest order IMO
Posts: 3547  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

King Prawn Bhuna 10 Nov 2018 11:08 am said..

Don't forget that this competition has some decent prize money in it and then there's still a chance of a home final...££££s are always useful, and it's been a good competitive training session/runout without hopefully incurring too many injuries.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby