Team's up

Team's up

BishopHooper 07 Dec 2018 12:05 pm said..

15. Tom Hudson; 14. Matt Banahan, 13. Henry Trinder, 12. Owen Williams, 11. Ollie Thorley; 10. Danny Cipriani, 9. Willi Heinz (capt); 1. Josh Hohneck, 2. Jaco Visagie, 3. Fraser Balmain; 4. Tom Savage, 5. Gerbrandt Grobler; 6. Freddie Clarke, 7. Jake Polledri, 8. Ben Morgan

Replacements:

16. Henry Walker, 17. Val Rapava Ruskin, 18. Ciaran Knight, 19. Ed Slater, 20. Gareth Evans, 21. Callum Braley, 22. Billy Twelvetrees, 23. Jason Woodward

Unavailable for selection:

Ruan Ackermann, Mark Atkinson, Gareth Denman, Ruan Dreyer, Lloyd Evans, Todd Gleave, James Hanson, Jaco Kriel, Lewis Ludlow, Franco Marais, Tom Marshall, Paddy McAllister, Will Safe, Ben Vellacott
For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'. - John Greenleaf Whittier
BishopHooper
Vice-Captain

Re: Team's up

Rovin 07 Dec 2018 12:06 pm said..

A couple of interesting changes, 36 , JW and Ed moved to the bench....
Rovin
Turns out for the A team

TP17 07 Dec 2018 12:07 pm said..

Bit of rotation never a bad thing, good to see the squad looks just as strong as last week. No Mostert though. Clearly targeting the home game in a weeks time. I don't expect a full strength Chiefs side either though.
TP17
Hall of Famer

BishopHooper 07 Dec 2018 12:08 pm said..

Exeter:
15 Phil Dollman
14 Santiago Cordero
13 Henry Slade
12 Ollie Devoto
11 Alex Cuthbert
10 Gareth Steenson
9 Nic White
1 Ben Moon
2 Jack Yeandle (capt)
3 Greg Holmes
4 Mitch Lees
5 Dave Dennis
6 Sam Skinner
7 Don Armand
8 Matt Kvesic

16 Elvis Taione
17 Alec Hepburn
18 Tomas Francis
19 Ollie Atkins
20 Tom Lawday
21 Stu Townsend
22 Joe Simmonds
23 Ian Whitten
For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'. - John Greenleaf Whittier
BishopHooper
Vice-Captain

Big Red 07 Dec 2018 12:08 pm said..

Very interesting re 36, Slater and Woodward. Sharples nor Mostert on unavailable list either. Smacks to me that we'll have a go at them next Friday and consider Newcastle/Sale/Leicester over Xmas as priority perhaps? Still a very capable side.
Big Red
Hall of Famer

gmorgan131285 07 Dec 2018 12:09 pm said..

As good a 23 we could put out at the moment.

Just need to get something out of this game. LBP or TBP

Chiefs side looking strong too, going to be very tough, especially after a loss for them last week
gmorgan131285
Vice-Captain

Sky blue 07 Dec 2018 12:09 pm said..

It doesn't look like the strongest team available (Sharples is surely in on form?). I appreciate the need to rotate players but it does make the clammer to make the top 6* last year seem a bit pointless if we're not going to give the European competition our best shot.

* I know we failed.
Sky blue
Hall of Famer

TOBIAS 07 Dec 2018 12:10 pm said..

That seems a pretty strong Ex line up to me
TOBIAS
Hero in the making

Fat Taff 07 Dec 2018 12:17 pm said..

Sky blue wrote:It doesn't look like the strongest team available (Sharples is surely in on form?). I appreciate the need to rotate players but it does make the clammer to make the top 6* last year seem a bit pointless if we're not going to give the European competition our best shot.

* I know we failed.

On fire, not on form. Prem top tryscorer.

Like others, I guess we're targetting the home leg.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

LowerO 07 Dec 2018 12:23 pm said..

Squad sport these days, and for me that's a strong squad with excellent starting XV. Just compare with the type of team that visited Munster a few years ago, which WAS a second string. This is a good line-up, giving everyone a chance to shine. Good management IMHO.
LowerO
Vice-Captain
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby