Glaws vs Chiefs OGT

Re: Glaws vs Chiefs OGT

steckers 08 Dec 2018 20:19 pm said..

Lots of players singled out for praise - all of which I agree with. Just to add that I've been very impressed with Visagie. Hope that can become permanent.

Glos - enjoy it for 5 mins. Anyone who thinks Exeter will write off next week's game is kidding themselves.
steckers
Hall of Famer

Glos1012 08 Dec 2018 20:29 pm said..

Didn't see Jake's injury, was it bad? Also, agree with others I think Exe will be up for spoiling our party even more now.
Glos1012
Vice-Captain

Halo 08 Dec 2018 20:43 pm said..

Wonderful performance from the team today, I'm pretty sure most on here didn't expect that, l know l didn't.

I thought GG was a standout not just in the tight but making steals on their line outs also Morgan and the front row with Balmain proving an outstanding signing. In the backs Bannahan showed his experience and Thorley having the time of his life ... what a prospect.

Did anyone pick up on Ciprianis deft little delay on his pass to Visage which l think led to his try ? It was a thing of beauty.

So, on to Friday, we need some front rowers back and fit to play especially after 'sicknote' VRR pulling out today and its about time Dreyer sorted himself out, he's been with us months now and we don't even know what he looks like !! Our young front rowers definitely aren't ready yet especially if they are all playing at the same time.

All in all a great day to be a Glaws supporter, well played chaps ... on to Friday.
Halo
Vice-Captain

Geoffy 08 Dec 2018 20:48 pm said..

Glos - enjoy it for 5 mins. Anyone who thinks Exeter will write off next week's game is kidding themselves.[/quote]

True. And we are one prop injury away from having a serious problem (S/H too?).
Josh and Fraser have been heroic, and will need a rest soon.
On the other hand, we have shown our ability to succeed with a different game-plan, which will help DC's overall game, as it sows doubts in defenders' minds. His brilliance has become a bit predictable.
We'll gain belief from this rare away win.
So many players performing well.

Winning next Friday is very important.
Geoffy
Vice-Captain

Baz 08 Dec 2018 21:10 pm said..

I’m not sure why every 4th post or so is warning us that Exeter won’t roll over.Its obvious but not walking on cracks in the pavement won’t get us a result next week and it shouldn’t detract from taking Exeter’s scalp today. Of course they’ll want to win at Kingsholm,whatever side Baxter puts out. That’s why we should up the anti and play our strongest side and get Mostert involved. Injuries have hit both teams but the difference is that Baxter has about 5 international props to choose from and we are down to our last two senior ones. What a shift Balmain and Hohneck are putting in .......but they need backup.
Baz
Hall of Famer

Gb83 08 Dec 2018 21:18 pm said..

Baz wrote:I’m not sure why every 4th post or so is warning us that Exeter won’t roll over.Its obvious but not walking on cracks in the pavement won’t get us a result next week and it shouldn’t detract from taking Exeter’s scalp today. Of course they’ll want to win at Kingsholm,whatever side Baxter puts out. That’s why we should up the anti and play our strongest side and get Mostert involved. Injuries have hit both teams but the difference is that Baxter has about 5 international props to choose from and we are down to our last two senior ones. What a shift Balmain and Hohneck are putting in .......but they need backup.

I would hope we name the strongest team possible next week, we are in with a real shout of qualifying.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

steckers 08 Dec 2018 21:27 pm said..

I don't think anyone suspected Gloucester would rest players.

Backing up a win like that can be difficult - in any sport.
steckers
Hall of Famer

steckers 08 Dec 2018 21:37 pm said..

Fair play to Ollie Woodburn - he's got a pair to come on wearing that getup.
steckers
Hall of Famer

Moss 08 Dec 2018 23:02 pm said..

The one thing that can destroy us is the lack of fit props. When the young lads came on they simply could not cope. No reflection on them as such as they are just starting their professional careers but we will get hammered by any decent team.
This must be addressed or we will sink very quickly.
Moss
Vice-Captain

Clive's Pants 08 Dec 2018 23:35 pm said..

I saw on Twitter that Johan picked Morgan as his man of the match - there is a photo of them shaking hands, what looks like a cap being handed over and the rest of the dressing room applauding. Brilliant man management or what?!
Clive's Pants
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby