Bath to play at altitude?

Bath to play at altitude?

GlawsyD 08 Dec 2018 17:28 pm said..

It's been announced this week that plans for a car park under a raised pitch is becoming one of the most debated features of a proposed new Bath Rugby stadium at the Rec. The Stadium for Bath group are planning to raise the pitch 3.8m above the floodplain of the River Avon and build a 700-capacity car park beneath it, with parking at current ground level.
It would include bike storage, electric car charging ports (but no mention of mooring facilities :D )and be available for public use outside of match days only, with "short-stay" prices. On matchdays, it would be used by the players, officials, media, hospitality guests and blue badge holders.
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer

Re: Bath to play at altitude?

robs1 08 Dec 2018 17:37 pm said..

A couple of their members told me its going to cost 20 million at least no wonder brucie wants to ring fence the prem
robs1
Hall of Famer

stevieb 08 Dec 2018 17:42 pm said..

I thought this was going to be about them hoping to stay in the top half of the table :D
stevieb
On the board

Diamo 08 Dec 2018 17:45 pm said..

In a place like Bath, that's actually a really good idea. Just hope they do their work on the underground conditions before the stadium sinks or sails away down the Avon.
Posts: 741  Location: Munich mostly and sometimes the sprawling metropolis of Stroud
Diamo
Hero in the making

Baz 08 Dec 2018 17:47 pm said..

Sounds very similar to what they built for the ‘Teletubbies’
Baz
Hall of Famer

Return to Gloucester Rugby