Exeter castre

Exeter castre

Jimbodini 13 Jan 2019 13:03 pm said..

Great start for Ex. Jack nowell fantastic individual try. Really hope ex win to make their final game with Munster at least interesting.

Also helps with us resting players next week.
Jimbodini
Vice-Captain

Re: Exeter castre

plod 13 Jan 2019 13:14 pm said..

Exeter desperate for a penalty from the scrum when Castres retreating. Commendably, Clancy just says get the ball out.
plod
On the board

Sheddy Mcshedface 13 Jan 2019 13:22 pm said..

Bit hectic at times but fun to watch for the neutral. Not a fan of the kits.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Jimbodini 13 Jan 2019 13:25 pm said..

Having watched a few games this weekend and I know I’ve mentioned this before but.... I’m pretty sure refs could give a penalty at every ruck for the attacking team going off their feet or ‘sealing off’ but it seems it’s only given once in a while when the ref feels like it. Our one with mostert against Leicester springs to mind. Complete inconsistency and not fair when the ref does finally decide to give it.

Personally ones like the one we got pinged for should not be given, unless the sealing off directly stops the opposition making an attempt to steal the ball.
Jimbodini
Vice-Captain

NHazard13 13 Jan 2019 13:26 pm said..

As someone who is taking a trip to castres next weekend I am desperately hoping Exeter get a result here! Very worried for us if castres win and go into our game with the possibility still of qualification!
NHazard13
First team regular

Fat Taff 13 Jan 2019 13:29 pm said..

Jimbodini wrote:Having watched a few games this weekend and I know I’ve mentioned this before but.... I’m pretty sure refs could give a penalty at every ruck for the attacking team going off their feet or ‘sealing off’ but it seems it’s only given once in a while when the ref feels like it. Our one with mostert against Leicester springs to mind. Complete inconsistency and not fair when the ref does finally decide to give it.

Personally ones like the one we got pinged for should not be given, unless the sealing off directly stops the opposition making an attempt to steal the ball.

I'm sure everyone's bored of me banging on about it, but for me, the non application, or random application of the ruck laws is coming close to ruining the game at the top level.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

carterb121 13 Jan 2019 13:30 pm said..

Great game to watch, breakdown an absolute shambles!
carterb121
Senior squad member

Sheddy Mcshedface 13 Jan 2019 13:41 pm said..

Good thing cordero is off to Bordeaux. Imagine what they would be like with Hogg added to him and Nowell in their back 3.

Also good to see Kvesic has developed his game. Very handy in the loose.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Peanutcoxy 13 Jan 2019 14:09 pm said..

Fat Taff wrote:
Jimbodini wrote:Having watched a few games this weekend and I know I’ve mentioned this before but.... I’m pretty sure refs could give a penalty at every ruck for the attacking team going off their feet or ‘sealing off’ but it seems it’s only given once in a while when the ref feels like it. Our one with mostert against Leicester springs to mind. Complete inconsistency and not fair when the ref does finally decide to give it.

I'm sure everyone's bored of me banging on about it, but for me, the non application, or random application of the ruck laws is coming close to ruining the game at the top level.

I’m with you 100%. It’s the main reason us and other teams lose the breakdown and I believe it is the side entry clearing out and going over the top that prevents quick ball that everyone wants to ser
The older I get the faster I was
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

Jimbodini 13 Jan 2019 14:26 pm said..

Problem is it’s never really mentioned or picked upon by commentators or pundits. I know I’m biased but we always seemed to end up getting the raw end of the deal.

The laws need to be more black and white and less down to ‘referees interpretation’.... also, as I’ve mentioned before, whey do some refs ‘coach’ players? Saying things like ‘hands off’ or ‘roll away number 2’ whereas some refs just ping straight away? It’s simply not fair.
Jimbodini
Vice-Captain
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby