Exeter castre

Re: Exeter castre

carterb121 13 Jan 2019 14:31 pm said..

It really irritates me that at every ruck you hear ‘hands off’. It’s enough to slow the ball down and a defence is organised again. For the ref to say it shows it’s not allowed but it’s still enough to give a team an unfair advantage
carterb121
Senior squad member

Theotherjonny 13 Jan 2019 14:39 pm said..

NHazard13 wrote:As someone who is taking a trip to castres next weekend I am desperately hoping Exeter get a result here! Very worried for us if castres win and go into our game with the possibility still of qualification!

+1
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
Posts: 220  Location: Tewkesbury (most evenings and weekends) Cheltenham (office hours) Kingsholm (home fixtures)
Theotherjonny
Vice-Captain

Jimbodini 13 Jan 2019 14:44 pm said..

carterb121 wrote:It really irritates me that at every ruck you hear ‘hands off’. It’s enough to slow the ball down and a defence is organised again. For the ref to say it shows it’s not allowed but it’s still enough to give a team an unfair advantage

Absolutely! If hands are on in the ruck, that should be a penalty. If refs penalised teams instead of coaching them then it might help to sort the mess that is the breakdown out and speed the game up a bit.
Jimbodini
Vice-Captain

Fat Taff 13 Jan 2019 14:51 pm said..

Jimbodini wrote:Problem is it’s never really mentioned or picked upon by commentators or pundits. I know I’m biased but we always seemed to end up getting the raw end of the deal.

The laws need to be more black and white and less down to ‘referees interpretation’.... also, as I’ve mentioned before, whey do some refs ‘coach’ players? Saying things like ‘hands off’ or ‘roll away number 2’ whereas some refs just ping straight away? It’s simply not fair.

There's nothing wrong with the clarity of the ruck laws, it's the failure of the refs to apply them.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Geoffy 13 Jan 2019 15:07 pm said..

Presumably Hohneck, Balmain and Mostert can take a well-deserved and much-needed break now.
Looks as if Castres will be missing a prop next week as well.
Geoffy
Vice-Captain

Severus 13 Jan 2019 15:15 pm said..

Castres are a team of thugs. I hope we get out of the game next week unscathed and without any unnecessary bans.
Severus
On the board

Oldprop 13 Jan 2019 16:37 pm said..

Enjoyed that. I hope the "Exeter are boring" mob watched it. Nowell's try was superb.
Oldprop
Hall of Famer

Lurker 14 Jan 2019 18:33 pm said..

Someone said to me the other day they felt our game and others were reffed like top14 or pro14 games whilst we played like we do in the Premiership - ie the breakdown rules are enforced (or not) differently. We need standardisation across world rugby.
Lurker
Hall of Famer

Glossince86 14 Jan 2019 18:44 pm said..

Jimbodini wrote:
carterb121 wrote:It really irritates me that at every ruck you hear ‘hands off’. It’s enough to slow the ball down and a defence is organised again. For the ref to say it shows it’s not allowed but it’s still enough to give a team an unfair advantage

Absolutely! If hands are on in the ruck, that should be a penalty. If refs penalised teams instead of coaching them then it might help to sort the mess that is the breakdown out and speed the game up a bit.

Or significantly slow it down due to each side giving away 50+ penalties each game. What a poor spectacle that would be...
Glossince86
On the board

DieTrying 14 Jan 2019 18:50 pm said..

The breakdown is a mess. On one occasion during the Exeter v Castres match an Exeter player flew over the ruck, landed legs in the air, didn't move and the Ref did nothing.
DieTrying
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby