Dream land - signings for next season.

ryno_chelt 13 Jan 2019 20:40 pm said..

- One worldie
- One English player
- One 'value' or youngster

No realism needed. No justification needed but feel free to add. Just for fun.
ryno_chelt
Hero in the making

Re: Dream land - signings for next season.

ryno_chelt 13 Jan 2019 20:47 pm said..

- One worldie - Malcom Marx (quality player, will win turnovers, a position where we have quality prem players but not genuine world class IMO). Or Levani Botia.

- One English player - Manu Tuilagi (not popular with some I'm sure, but would give us a completely different option, punching serious holes). Or Mako Vunipola.

- One 'value' or youngster - Max Malins is quality and I think he'd be a perfect back up for Cipriani, but my choice is Joel Kpoku, he is going to be an England star!
ryno_chelt
Hero in the making

Sheddy Mcshedface 13 Jan 2019 20:54 pm said..

Cheslin Kolbe - Would bring back the Jonny May X factor.

Joe Marchant - Lovely player, think our style of play would get the best out of him.

Gabriel ibitoye - Could be the next Christian Wade.

Obviously they would all need to pick up a serious injury to keep them out of contention til about November at the earliest! ;)
Last edited by Sheddy Mcshedface on 13 Jan 2019 21:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Number10 13 Jan 2019 20:56 pm said..

Worldwide - sonny bill

English - Nowell

Youngster - would like to see us develop our own through the academy that hit the top level like polledri
Number10
Hall of Famer

Forrester 13 Jan 2019 21:00 pm said..

Worldwide - Aaron Smith

English - Anthony Watson

Youngster - Joel Kpoku I agree, he’s going to be amazing.
Forrester
Hall of Famer

ryno_chelt 13 Jan 2019 21:06 pm said..

Forrester wrote:Worldwide - Aaron Smith

English - Anthony Watson

Youngster - Joel Kpoku I agree, he’s going to be amazing.

This could work :D
ryno_chelt
Hero in the making

Big Red 13 Jan 2019 21:18 pm said..

Worldwide - Laumape. We need some physicality in midfield to give us go forward.
English - I’d love to have Mako Vunipola at Glaws. So durable and an area where we lack in big games. If not (and a big call) I really rate Ben Spencer who is the kind of scrum half who would add so much to us.
Value/Youngster - In terms of value I’d go with someone like Bryce Heem who would always be available and would add some physicality and pace to our back line. Youngster wise you can’t look past Alex Dombrandt at the moment.

Nice to dream, especially at the moment :cry:
Big Red
Hall of Famer

Creamoftheprop 13 Jan 2019 21:27 pm said..

I'll play..

Worldie - TJ Peranara. Might get booed for suggesting him, but seen him live for the canes and thought he was awesome. Fast pass, snipes well, tackles and is 26. Plus captained canes and 55 ABs caps. Him with Cips would be awesome imo.

But i'd take Colby (see below) or De Allende to get our midfield further over the gain line.

English - a out-and- out flyer. Resign JM or Ibitoye. I'd like to see proper gas after Charlie goes.

Youth - Demba Bamba - just a tank. I kinda love him. And gnarly French front rowers at CG make me warm and fuzzy. :)
Creamoftheprop
First team regular

Fat Taff 13 Jan 2019 21:40 pm said..

Worldie, Rhys Webb, rumoured not to be enjoying France.
English, Mako.
Youngster, Ollie Lawrence or Max Mallins.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

ShedOrDead 13 Jan 2019 21:40 pm said..

Worldie - Marx for me. Leadership and World Class performance in an area Glaws have had too many frustrating lapses during Ackermann's tenure.

English - Dan Robson. Super 9, knows Glaws, played the best rugby of his career with Cips at 10, 'nuff said.

Youth/Bargain - I'm with Number10: develop through the academy. For this, I say get Walker and Knight on Senior Contracts ASAP. Yes, Walker was exposed in the set piece a little by Munster and their games, but both have shown they already have the skills and attributes to one day be Glaws legends.
ShedOrDead
On the board
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby