Weekend internationals

Re: Weekend internationals

Tumpy+1 17 Mar 2019 12:34 pm said..

plod wrote:I omitted to say that it is a sobering statistic for you that Italy scored as many tries as you did.

Why sobering? It’s just a fact. Did it lose Wales a game ..... No. I would love to see those teams who top their leagues be the very best in every statistic, but they won’t be. Any case, just to rub it in, Tumpy’s Tours is in Mauritius at the moment and I have been starved of rugby involvement due to +1 wanting a proper holiday with no distractions :o How dare she :D
Officially 'Happy Clappy'
Tumpy+1
Vice-Captain

Number8 17 Mar 2019 13:16 pm said..

Tumpy+1 wrote:[Tumpy’s Tours is in Mauritius at the moment and I have been starved of rugby involvement

My heart bleeds for you :D
Number8
Vice-Captain

Fat Taff 17 Mar 2019 13:49 pm said..

plod wrote:I omitted to say that it is a sobering statistic for you that Italy scored as many tries as you did.

I'm trying hard to see any relevance in that stat but can't.

Italy conceded 22 trys, Wales 7, kind of why they lost every game and Wales won every game.

There little point in scoring loads of tries if you can't actually convert that into a win.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

plod 17 Mar 2019 18:48 pm said..

It is of significance for the future and the RWC. That trophy is not likely to be won by a team that scores only three more tries than it concedes. It won’t be won, either, by a team that scores 24 tries but can’t win a key game.
plod
On the board

Zyder 17 Mar 2019 21:59 pm said..

One of my happiest moments was during a training course on Anglesey shortly after the the 2003 world cup.

One of my welsh colleagues was banging on about success in the 6 nations......

I stated that " once you have tasted the Cordon Bleu of World Cup success, the sausage, egg and chips of the 6 Nations just doesn't taste so nice"

He swore at me in welsh......dyddiau hapus
Zyder
Senior squad member

caldiglaws 18 Mar 2019 14:38 pm said..

Just a thought back in the SCW era as England were beating all before them mainly by scoring a few tries and the great kicking of JW
Here in Wales all i was told was "is that all Englands got kicking penalties"" no flair no tries all about defence" and now i hear about this great Wales team how they pressure teams into giving away penalties and take their counter attack options ☺☺☺
caldiglaws
Vice-Captain

Noobs 18 Mar 2019 15:37 pm said..

Zyder wrote:One of my happiest moments was during a training course on Anglesey shortly after the the 2003 world cup.

One of my welsh colleagues was banging on about success in the 6 nations......

I stated that " once you have tasted the Cordon Bleu of World Cup success, the sausage, egg and chips of the 6 Nations just doesn't taste so nice"

He swore at me in welsh......dyddiau hapus

Sadly that Cordon Bleu is 16 years old now. The 6N was there for the taking for England.

Fair play to Wales, you dont win the Grand Slam by luck. Alun Wyn Jones was a monster of a leader.
Noobs
Senior squad member
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby