Wales v Ireland

Re: Wales v Ireland

Porky 17 Mar 2019 05:22 am said..

Wales thoroughly merited the Grand Slam and they deserve great credit. Despite having some key players missing, they got on with the job of working to a plan that maximised their strengths. The commitment, fitness and skill levels they showed throughout the tournament (apart for the first half in Paris!) were fantastic.

This stands them in good stead for the RWC.

Ireland, on the other hand, have been disappointing for almost the whole tournament and I think they peaked too soon. If the RWC had been last year, they would have been strong contenders but might struggle in Japan.
Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.
Porky
Hall of Famer

smirnoff 17 Mar 2019 17:30 pm said..

vitesse wrote:In all matches this 6N their opposition has lost the game rather than Wales winning it

Dream on.
smirnoff
Turns out for the A team

Fat Taff 17 Mar 2019 17:51 pm said..

smirnoff wrote:
vitesse wrote:In all matches this 6N their opposition has lost the game rather than Wales winning it

Dream on.

They just smashed the world number 2 side off the park but Ireland lost it.

Brilliant, just brilliant.
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

Neilio44 17 Mar 2019 18:04 pm said..

I'm a dedicated and proud England fan and really admire Wales in this year's 6N - fully deserved and shows what is possible. Lots of nonsense on here about the other teams losing it - maganimous doesn't appear in some peoples' lexicon. I really wouldn't feel confident seeing Eng v Wal in the knock-out stages of the WC, so we'll see you in the final (when Cips comes on and kicks the injury time drop goal) :-)
If it's wet, drink it.
Neilio44
Hero in the making

David 17 Mar 2019 19:33 pm said..

Neilio44 wrote:I'm a dedicated and proud England fan and really admire Wales in this year's 6N - fully deserved and shows what is possible. Lots of nonsense on here about the other teams losing it - maganimous doesn't appear in some peoples' lexicon. I really wouldn't feel confident seeing Eng v Wal in the knock-out stages of the WC, so we'll see you in the final (when Cips comes on and kicks the injury time drop goal) :-)

That's a quite rare generous and thus very welcome post.
As regards the last bit: it would indeed be wonderful, if in my view sadly unlikely, to see DC - hopefully still a proud Glaws player - doing just that, provided it doesn't affect the final score-line...
(And by the way, you can still back Wales to win in Japan at about 9/1, if you're quick - I checked the odds this morning as I collected my 6 Nations winnings. :D )
Time to take down all the flags now & concentrate on Glaws.....
David
On the board

steckers 17 Mar 2019 21:03 pm said..

There is probably a case to make for France throwing a game away - but apart from that they were worthy champions. I have to say, if it were Glos - I wouldn't care how they won, as long as they did.
steckers
Hall of Famer

Sheddy Mcshedface 17 Mar 2019 21:09 pm said..

Having slept off the chip on my shoulder I think someone on twitter has summed it up best

"How good were Wales? Good enough and that's all that matters!"
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Porky 17 Mar 2019 21:15 pm said..

I think AWJ should be knighted for his leadership skills alone, leave aside what an astonishing player he is!

And he is just one of the outstanding performers in that Wales side.
Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.
Porky
Hall of Famer

vitesse 17 Mar 2019 21:22 pm said..

Fat Taff wrote:
smirnoff wrote:

Dream on.

They just smashed the world number 2 side off the park but Ireland lost it.

Brilliant, just brilliant.

If you think that Direland side would have given the AB a kicking yesterday, then.... wow, just wow....
Posts: 144  Location: Alicante Province, within easy reach of the airport......!
vitesse
Senior squad member

vitesse 17 Mar 2019 21:30 pm said..

Plus, I'm with Plod on the other thread - those performances will not win (or close to winning) a WC. Sorry for having an opinion but I happen to see it this way..... Let's see shall we.....
Posts: 144  Location: Alicante Province, within easy reach of the airport......!
vitesse
Senior squad member
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby