Ciprianni in DT

Re: Ciprianni in DT

Rhino 17 Apr 2019 09:06 am said..

Still 14/1 with Bet 365, yesterday
Rhino
Vice-Captain

Porky 17 Apr 2019 10:36 am said..

I think Danny is as good a player as we have ever had at Gloucester and is clearly a leader. We have such strengths at the moment and I agree the forwards are outstanding (forwards win matches, the backs dictate by how much) but the settled half-back pairing of Heinz and Cipriani is the biggest reason we are capitalising on the work of the pack.

Martin (sorry, Martyn), could you pay Danny the respect of spelling his surname correctly?
Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.
Porky
Hall of Famer

ShedOrDead 17 Apr 2019 12:43 pm said..

Where I used to work, "DT" was a commonly used abbreviation for "Deep Trouble"... leading me to read the thread name and exclaim "Oh dear Christ! What now??" rather loudly in my current place of work.

Great article though.
ShedOrDead
On the board

Oxford Glaws 17 Apr 2019 15:27 pm said..

Rhino wrote:Still 14/1 with Bet 365, yesterday

And offering E/W for final two places at 1/3 odds. Effectively - 5/1 to win our semi - too good to miss.
1Thes.5 [14] Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feeble-minded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
Oxford Glaws
Hall of Famer

MartynWestBerks 17 Apr 2019 17:38 pm said..

Porky wrote:I think Danny is as good a player as we have ever had at Gloucester and is clearly a leader. We have such strengths at the moment and I agree the forwards are outstanding (forwards win matches, the backs dictate by how much) but the settled half-back pairing of Heinz and Cipriani is the biggest reason we are capitalising on the work of the pack.

Martin (sorry, Martyn), could you pay Danny the respect of spelling his surname correctly?

My humble appologies Porky (is that correct or is it short for something)... it's a good job I've got a sense of humour and know what sort of purile comments appear occasionally on ShedWeb.

The main thing is the article and it's technical analysis... I hadn't seen anyone else mention it so thought I'd post it so other ShedWed contributors might see it!
MartynWestBerks
Vice-Captain

Glen Sannox 17 Apr 2019 18:48 pm said..

It always surprises me that fans can't get their heroes' names right...happens a fair bit on here. Not sure I'd class Porky's post as puerile?
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

Porky 17 Apr 2019 19:11 pm said..

Why is asking you to have the courtesy to spell someone's name correctly puerile?
Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.
Porky
Hall of Famer

upton dc 17 Apr 2019 19:18 pm said..

The spelling problem can often be attributed to predictive text. Many times my phone or IPad changes the spelling of Cipriani to Ciprianni or Vunipola to Vunupola. As for Ackermann, Hohneck, Val Rapava Ruskin and Polledri, well can you put your hand on heart and spell those names correctly very time?
Panache et Precision
upton dc
On the board

MartynWestBerks 17 Apr 2019 19:33 pm said..

Porky wrote:Why is asking you to have the courtesy to spell someone's name correctly puerile?

It might have been more appropriate to engage in the content of the article rather than trying to prove how clever and superior you are.
MartynWestBerks
Vice-Captain

MartynWestBerks 17 Apr 2019 19:36 pm said..

upton dc wrote:The spelling problem can often be attributed to predictive text. Many times my phone or IPad changes the spelling of Cipriani to Ciprianni or Vunipola to Vunupola. As for Ackermann, Hohneck, Val Rapava Ruskin and Polledri, well can you put your hand on heart and spell those names correctly very time?

Yes Upton your correct my IPad is continually overwriting or changing with predictive text.
MartynWestBerks
Vice-Captain
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby