Team V Sharks

Re: Team V Sharks

Sheddy Mcshedface 18 May 2019 08:25 am said..

5 pages of people agreeing with the team selection is not the same as no one caring about team selection mute!
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Herefordpropforward 18 May 2019 10:09 am said..

Mute makes some sensible points worth reflecting upon. I was at Twickenham for the Wasps stuffing of yesteryear and the talk then was about how we weren’t battle hardened and had gone soft. I am happy and willing to be proved wrong with today's selection and anyway it’s the coach’s shout on selection which we respect. The results this week and next will provide the evidence. Always healthy to have a contrary view m’dears :D :lol: :roll:
West is best
Herefordpropforward
Hero in the making

Asgard 18 May 2019 10:14 am said..

The Wasps fiasco may have been down to lack of action but the opinion of Dean Ryan and Bryan Redpath (who was not involved with Gloucester at that time) was that the Pod system that Gloucester had used to great effect throughout that season had been cracked by Wasps in the final. But as I say that was only the opinion of DR & BR who obviously had failed to contact Mute for his assessment.
Asgard
Hall of Famer

James J 18 May 2019 10:16 am said..

Asgard wrote:The Wasps fiasco may have been down to lack of action but the opinion of Dean Ryan and Bryan Redpath (who was not involved with Gloucester at that time) was that the Pod system that Gloucester had used to great effect throughout that season had been cracked by Wasps in the final. But as I say that was only the opinion of DR & BR who obviously had failed to contact Mute for his assessment.

Nigel Melville was DoR for the Wasps battering.
James J
Vice-Captain

Ken Burney 18 May 2019 10:44 am said..

As I stated previously, Saracens are, like us, fielding a shadow squad for their game. Therefore, if we play them in the semi final, there should be two undercooked squads matched against each other!
Ken Burney
Hall of Famer

Peanutcoxy 18 May 2019 11:00 am said..

Herefordpropforward wrote:Mute makes some sensible points worth reflecting upon. I was at Twickenham for the Wasps stuffing of yesteryear and the talk then was about how we weren’t battle hardened and had gone soft. I am happy and willing to be proved wrong with today's selection and anyway it’s the coach’s shout on selection which we respect. The results this week and next will provide the evidence. Always healthy to have a contrary view m’dears :D :lol: :roll:

Fair point HPF but different eras, players, coaches etc even in that short time. At this stage of the season I don’t believe in match rustiness anymore, the guys are too switched on and professional for that. JA and his team are fantastic coaches and are fully aware of all the pros and cons. This is the probably the strongest squad we have ever had and the 23 selected are more than capable of coming away with a win, even against a very good Sharks side in their back yard. Cmon boys, if nothing else, win it for Sav
The older I get the faster I was
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

Steve M 18 May 2019 11:31 am said..

Ken Burney wrote:As I stated previously, Saracens are, like us, fielding a shadow squad for their game. Therefore, if we play them in the semi final, there should be two undercooked squads matched against each other!

Saracens did have some sort of a match last weekend though ...
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer

Ken Burney 18 May 2019 12:16 pm said..

I was merely pointing out that, if we play Saracens next week, the bulk of both likely squads will not have played for 2 weeks.
Ken Burney
Hall of Famer

Tuffty 18 May 2019 12:24 pm said..

Ken Burney wrote:I was merely pointing out that, if we play Saracens next week, the bulk of both likely squads will not have played for 2 weeks.

Which should mean, I hope, that we as supporters can see two full strength, first choice teams, packed with International and Lions class players ready to dazzle and delight! :D

(We’re in the semifinals. I don’t care if we lose as this season has yielded an often dreamed-about level of success already. I’ll be over the moon to win, but will be more than happy going into the the summer knowing that the true Glaws of old is back).
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Tuffty
Hall of Famer

Old Duffer 18 May 2019 12:30 pm said..

I'm with you Tufty, a great season whatever happens from here. Onwards and upwards!
Old Duffer
Senior squad member
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby