The English vs The Welsh

Re: The English vs The Welsh

Not1eyed 15 Aug 2019 20:19 pm said..

Me too. I’m sure he’s keeping himself in shape. I mean if Dc was called up would we see the Harlequin site start a Gloucester bias rumour as there would be same number of Gloucester players as quins and they couldn’t possibly have that
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

madders 15 Aug 2019 20:20 pm said..

Who cares (oops!)?
I started off with nothing and I’ve still got most of it left.
madders
Hall of Famer

Peanutcoxy 15 Aug 2019 21:52 pm said..

madders wrote:Who cares (oops!)?

Danny does on both counts
The older I get the faster I was
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

ShedOrDead 16 Aug 2019 06:39 am said..

Not1eyed wrote:1 thing for certain is Heinz isn’t a nailed on starter. I’m with Number8 to suggest Heinz as captain is utterly ridiculous

Fair enough, but who would be your Captain?
ShedOrDead
On the board

vitesse 16 Aug 2019 14:54 pm said..

ShedOrDead wrote:
Number8 wrote:
vitesse wrote:
For Gods sake OF is NOT a captain, his game deteriorates when given that role, give it to say 57 as he has done that albeit at club level.

This is taking the one eyed Gloucester view a step too far ! Are you seriously suggesting that Heinz should be the England RWC Captain?

He was Vice Captain on debut, and - according to the Torygraph - one of the reasons Eddie has gone with Heinz over other options is his onfield leadership: how vocal he is towards team-mates and the ref, and his play as a "fulcrum" style 9 as opposed to a sniper.

I know this is a Glaws forum, but having seen Heinz leadership weeks in and out in C&W, the prospect of him taking this real strength of his game into the England set-up does not seem too far fetched.

I do agree that Faz seems to be one of those players who find captaincy a burden too far: in my view he is a wonderful 5/8th and a superb lieutenant, not a captain. But then... with no Hartley, who is now your captain if not Faz?

Ta for the back up..... :D
However, who should be captain..?
OF cannot handle the stress of that role. Personally I think it should be a forward, but who.? I cannot think of a man to give it to who has lots of int experience and who can hand it over too when replaced....
Posts: 210  Location: Alicante Province, within easy reach of the airport......!
vitesse
Vice-Captain

plod 17 Aug 2019 06:50 am said..

A defeat for either side won’t really mean very much, a bit more so for Wales if they lose again. It would be damaging, though, at this stage of preparation, if one team lost badly.
plod
Hall of Famer

Tumpy+1 17 Aug 2019 07:00 am said..

I'm off down to Cardiff soon to watch the game and I have a feeling that England will win this encounter as well, though hoping this will not be the case :D . Will be nice to watch Mr Heinz in action with the England team and see up close how he deals with the pressures of playing in Cardiff. It will also be interesting to see what proportion of the crowd will be English support, as the last time I was at the Wales v England game in the 6N, The English were well represented and very vocal.... well, for a while at least :D :D
Officially 'Happy Clappy'
Tumpy+1
Hero in the making

juanhunglo 17 Aug 2019 08:32 am said..

Channel 4 this afternoon, cushty!
juanhunglo
Senior squad member

ShedOrDead 17 Aug 2019 13:28 pm said..

Game 2, and Barnes has just opined that W.Heinz will never have played in an atmosphere quite like this.

As a veteran of Shed Friday nights, I would suggest the old B*rfstard hasn't the first clue :x
ShedOrDead
On the board

King Prawn Bhuna 17 Aug 2019 13:57 pm said..

Referee and his assistants certainly aren't doing England any favours...get Ford off now he's reverted to type.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby