England RWC'19 Squad

Re: England RWC'19 Squad

Wilkosam 16 Aug 2019 07:52 am said..

Cipriani has written a very good article in the Telegraph today which I'm sure many of you will be interested in reading, though there is a paywall: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union ... goal-dont/

Bits of particular interest:

"I am extremely grateful to Gloucester and Johan Ackermann for the extra time away, because I needed it. For the past seven years, I have found it hard to switch off. I will be back at the end of August, though, and will be excited to hit the ground running."

"Eddie has said that everyone needs to be ready and the best way to do that is for me to be the best version of myself at Gloucester. I have not been told where I am in the England pecking order, but if the stars align and the call does come at any point, I’ll be ready."

It is his best article to date IMO and definitely worth reading.
Wilkosam
Vice-Captain

ShedOrDead 16 Aug 2019 08:42 am said..

Thanks Wilkosam. Hard not to read that with a bittersweet pride in our No10, and further admiration for the man-management of the Head Coach.
ShedOrDead
On the board

TP17 16 Aug 2019 09:25 am said..

That article was a great read and very reassuring. It’s good to hear that the club are managing Danny sensibly and they’re giving him time to relax in a non-rugby environment, which will benefit him and the rest of the squad. I think that asking him to come to Gloucester training off the back of the England camp and a non-call up could have been quite damaging for Cips. Cheers Wilkosam.
TP17
Hall of Famer

NorthernShedHead 16 Aug 2019 13:17 pm said..

"So, how can I be better in the next stage of my career? I realise how lucky I am to be able to return to a great club like Gloucester and to compete. It starts with playing there in September and continues into whatever I do when I finish in three or four years’ time."

Particularly like that paragraph
NorthernShedHead
Vice-Captain

Glen Sannox 16 Aug 2019 13:47 pm said..

In fairness, that was pretty well the message when he re-signed...but then people decide they wanted to have doubts...not sure why?
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

ShedOrDead 16 Aug 2019 13:59 pm said..

NorthernShedHead wrote:"So, how can I be better in the next stage of my career? I realise how lucky I am to be able to return to a great club like Gloucester and to compete. It starts with playing there in September and continues into whatever I do when I finish in three or four years’ time."

Particularly like that paragraph

Indeed. "... or four years time". There's always France in 2023...
ShedOrDead
On the board

westglos 16 Aug 2019 14:25 pm said..

McConnochie crocked again....
westglos
First team regular
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby