Premiership 7s OT

Re: Premiership 7s OT

tigerchef 13 Sep 2019 19:26 pm said..

With so many subliminal posts against Matt Teague on here today, I'm wondering if he's actually Laurie Fisher in disguise.
tigerchef
On the board

Westy 13 Sep 2019 19:40 pm said..

We had the ball for a total of about 40 seconds in the first half!! Excellent defence - and only 5 points behind.
Back to basics
Westy
Hero in the making

Westy 13 Sep 2019 19:42 pm said..

But another try against in the first minute of the second half ...

Good game to win. No possession at all so far. 0 - 12
Back to basics
Westy
Hero in the making

Westy 13 Sep 2019 19:44 pm said..

Sadly turning into a procession. 0 - 19. Just not quite happening ... and another one ... 0 - 24 ... a stuffing.

Final score 0 - 31.

Played 2 Lost 2. For 0. Against 39. Hard to say anything positive.
Last edited by Westy on 13 Sep 2019 19:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Back to basics
Westy
Hero in the making

Baldhead2 13 Sep 2019 19:48 pm said..

Not sure what to think of all this.

Good game defence but pretty toothless with the ball. No real pace or guile or power. Feel sorry for these young lads.

Exeter seem to have the components we don’t and a 7’s game plan ... we don’t.

Is it Teague? Maybe as he’s the coach after all or squad selection? Dunno on that one either.

On another note Bristol have 6 Hartpury players ... that’s an annoying point, given their players a similarly aged but with a better skill/physical attributes.
Baldhead2
First team regular

King Prawn Bhuna 13 Sep 2019 19:54 pm said..

I'm not sure what Matt Teague's role is at the club, but I don't think 7s is in his skillset.

The try we gave away when we played soccer half way down the pitch was ridiculous... possession...FFS. he should've been screaming at them from the side.

At the moment it seems your name is Teague ...you get the gig and off you go.

Stands back, braced for flack!
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Lord Lucan 13 Sep 2019 19:57 pm said..

Absolutely clueless I’m afraid. The digs at the coach before the tournament were certainly cheap shots but questions should be asked after that showing.
Lord Lucan
Hall of Famer

Baz 13 Sep 2019 20:00 pm said..

As soon as the Hartpury coach Alan Martinovich had left to go to Bristol we had a ‘ spy in the camp’ ok Hartpury college isn’t ours to keep but it is sad to see guys playing a couple of miles away from Kingsholm on other teams books. Not only Bristol, Hartpury are a supply line for quite a few Premiership clubs.
Baz
Hall of Famer

lucifer 13 Sep 2019 20:08 pm said..

Can’t think what that would have done for the Gloucester lads. It was quite literally men against boys there. Why bother entering the thing if you’re just putting lambs in to be slaughtered.
lucifer
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 13 Sep 2019 20:16 pm said..

When you look at previous teams they sent to Northampton in the last couple of years...this was not anything like. But I have to go back to what style they played ...not the individuals.

Poor from Gloucester for a 'prestigious' 7s tournament as a season opener that is starting late. Will still pop down tomorrow and cheer the lads on for the plate...but disappointed tonight.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby