RWC19 "Stuff"

Re: RWC19 "Stuff"

DieTrying 12 Oct 2019 12:35 pm said..

Glen Sannox wrote:Am I the only one finding some of these meaningless, one-sided pool games to be virtually unwatchable? There really has been a load of dross served up over the past three weeks.

When 52% of RWC revenue goes to the " Founding Nations", none of whom really bother touring the "lesser" Countries, what do you expect?
DieTrying

Peanutcoxy 12 Oct 2019 12:38 pm said..

DieTrying wrote:I have to say that the Aussie Ref, Nic Berry, is very good.

Yup, very good
The older I get the faster I was
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

Beddis 12 Oct 2019 13:00 pm said..

Disagree about the ref, thought he was far too involved and over officious.

He didn’t seem to want to let the game flow.

Thought Samoa looked much better than they have done, I guess the time together has made them a better team. Sadly they won’t get the same time together for at least another four years.

Ireland did well, especially with the 14 men, they need to improve though to beat either NZ or SA, but they certainly have it in them
Posts: 4018  Location: Malahide, Co Dublin. Formerly Lydney
Beddis

The Vic 12 Oct 2019 13:51 pm said..

I'm coming to terms with the reality that the Scotland match will be cancelled. Its disappointing, but I'd rather lives were safe. As shed web admin has said a case could be made for postponing the whole tournament, but I think that is unlikely. Anyway I hope the damage of this typhoon is not as bad as feared, that right now is the greater priority than rugby.

I might cheer up a bit if England, Wales and Ireland get knocked out in the QF :lol:
The Vic
Hall of Famer

lucifer 12 Oct 2019 15:01 pm said..

I’d have thought the chances of the game being on are good Vic. Stopped raining by 11.30 and sunny from 8.00 am. Just depends on infrastructure damage I guess, one good thing is that the wind was less than expected and the earthquake was fairly standard for Japan.
lucifer
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 12 Oct 2019 18:42 pm said..

madders wrote:Surely when planning took place the chances of a typhoon and/or earthquake would have been “risk managed” and imho a strategy should have been put together. In this plan an alternative venue must have been debated.
Be under no illusion, cancelling the Japan v Scotland game favours Japan as there was a chance if Scotland had won by a big enough margin Japan would have been out.
If the game is cancelled, Scotland have been harshly and appallingly treated, WR have tarnished the tournament, the sort of decision FIFA under Blatter would have come up with. Shocking.

Madders - Unsure whether you are being serious with such preposterous hysteria - especially when lives/homes/livings are at risk. I wonder whether you have ever managed/arranged/run anything of even 0.1% the scale of RWC ?? Or are you just still trying to wind people up ??

Why would Scotland "been harshly and appallingly treated" ?? Why would the tournament be "tarnished" ?? And FIFA and Blatter were linked to financial corruption and misappropriation - completely unlinked to this catastrophic weather-related scenario. You can risk-manage to a degree BUT this really can't be managed with the ease that you stupidly presume.

SRU are in danger of making complete idiots of themselves if they stoop to involving lawyers. And if the match is cancelled - as I guess it should be all things considered - what exactly will their legal action be expecting as an outcome ??

Are you the SRU's SW representative and therefore being a complete idiot on their behalf ?? ;) ;)
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 1396  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Still Realistic 12 Oct 2019 20:22 pm said..

Just caught up with Ireland v Samoa after listening to the game at work earlier. Very different opinions between the 2 with the radio completely agreeing with the referees decisions and not being impressed with Ireland thus far. On TV the Irish mafia saw it all very differently!!!! Personally I think the Irish are a long way from where they were 18 months ago but they definitely have a big game in them.
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer

Tuffty 12 Oct 2019 21:39 pm said..

Typhoon Hagibis: Biggest Japan storm in decades makes landfall https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-50020108
Tuffty

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Tuffty
Hall of Famer

lucifer 13 Oct 2019 01:09 am said..

Whilst not being a Scot I have some sympathy for their position if the game is cancelled. The particular regs seem to be hidden in the small print and when people say they signed up for them did they actually have a choice. I suspect it was sign or you can’t participate - in effect Hobson’s choice, a bit like our participation in the PRC.
lucifer
Hall of Famer

Steve M 13 Oct 2019 02:03 am said..

Game on after all. Whatever the result I think this is the best outcome for rugby. Still think it would be amusing if Japan win though ...
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby