RWC19 "Stuff"

Re: RWC19 "Stuff"

TOBIAS 04 Nov 2019 16:21 pm said..

Been a tad quiet due to WC and clubs underwhelming start prior to the league starting but a few comments for what they are worth.
Firstly EJ needs to get a new 9 in place sharpish and decide on Daly and the 15 shirt. I think the rest of the backs we have available are more than capable just need to have some ball. I`m no professor of forward play and don`t know how it went so wrong. Felt sorry for Cole having to do that shift. But we have found both a 6 and 7 hopefully for some years to come. Slightly different point but like BV for England I think Morgan is one of those that must play practically every week to get fitness and retain it. He looked lardy last week (not surprising as he hadn`t played) Look at him last year when he was playing most weeks.
TOBIAS
Hero in the making

vitesse 04 Nov 2019 17:48 pm said..

On the other thread I posted that Youngs and Cole need slung. I think Dan Robson now has enough prime time as a 9 to be given a lasting go at the 9 shirt.
Posts: 276  Location: Alicante Province, within easy reach of the airport......!
vitesse
Vice-Captain

Glen Sannox 04 Nov 2019 18:07 pm said..

Why phrase it as 'need slung'? Both have given good service to England so why not find a slightly more respectful way of suggesting that they've reached the end of their international careers? BTW, I'm not sure that's the case with Youngs.
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

vitesse 04 Nov 2019 18:22 pm said..

OK, let go..... Cole is now past it and Youngs has for a while now been slower and had more off days. That said I've not rated him that highly ever, Robson is far better IMHO.
Posts: 276  Location: Alicante Province, within easy reach of the airport......!
vitesse
Vice-Captain

Not1eyed 04 Nov 2019 18:38 pm said..

I really don’t understand what people have against Ben Youngs. He’s been a terrific player and servant to Leicester, england and the lions over last 10yrs. I can only imagine the esteem he’d be held in if he’d worn C&W last 10yrs. I do, however, agree it’s time to move on but Spenser should get the nod for me. I don’t get the hype around Robson. Perhaps he’s rated so highly on here because he played for Gloucester?
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Number10 04 Nov 2019 18:56 pm said..

To be honest the squad were gonna be tired by the final. I'm not sure how using the squad would have helped. We played aus, New Zealand and south Africa in consecutive weeks we had to play our strongest side.
Number10
Hall of Famer

DieTrying 04 Nov 2019 19:08 pm said..

Number10 wrote:To be honest the squad were gonna be tired by the final. I'm not sure how using the squad would have helped. We played aus, New Zealand and south Africa in consecutive weeks we had to play our strongest side.

SA played one more game than us, but didn't look as tired.
DieTrying

Not1eyed 04 Nov 2019 19:56 pm said..

They did have an easy semi final tho DT. :D
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Number10 04 Nov 2019 20:04 pm said..

DieTrying wrote:
Number10 wrote:To be honest the squad were gonna be tired by the final. I'm not sure how using the squad would have helped. We played aus, New Zealand and south Africa in consecutive weeks we had to play our strongest side.

SA played one more game than us, but didn't look as tired.

They played New Zealand in their first group game and then had much more relaxed games until the semi. Japan ran them close for the first half but they cruised away in the end.
Number10
Hall of Famer

foresterinyorks 05 Nov 2019 07:18 am said..

I've seen a video of the England players returning home at the airport. For what it's worth our Willi was walking well.
Never Stay Down.
foresterinyorks
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby